Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need some help from you people able to pull off a dumped car with no problems!!!

Old 12-05-2009, 01:26 PM
MICK LVN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN
Default Re: Need some help from you people able to pull off a dumped car with no problems!!!

Originally Posted by slammedNsloLS
well i dont have any plastic lining. sounds like maybe one of the "pinched" seams in there

There is such thing as dumping a car without it rubbing like this. Dont know if i just need to cut out whats rubbing, maybe run a more narrow tire, or shorter series sidewall, or a spacer or what. just looking for someone that has gone through this before
Originally Posted by Mindless
Probably the fender lining. I have rubbed one gash in mine so far and it still makes noise sometimes when turning. I would say I'm low but not dumped:

Shitty cell pic.

not the linings
Old 12-05-2009, 01:27 PM
MICK LVN

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN
Default Re: Need some help from you people able to pull off a dumped car with no problems!!!

Originally Posted by RE-SPECGARAGE
picks of the said dumped car
please hold
Old 12-05-2009, 01:36 PM
Mindless
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by slammedNsloLS
not the linings
Sorry dude, must have missed that.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:37 PM
MICK LVN

never mind, too dark for cell pic. the wheels JUST went on so i have no other pics
Old 12-06-2009, 04:02 PM
slammed
Registered Member

slammed has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Break out the BFH. I have 16x7.5+35 225/45/16 and it used to rub inside the wheel well. #1, the deathseam- that will KILL your tires, beat the flat (Take out fender liners lolol). Look for shiney metal for rubbage, beat with hammer ????????????????? profit;
I agree, I had a couple hondas on air and the seam under the upper unibody rail, there is a seam that would always cut the center of the tires unless clearenced
Old 12-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Chris28
Cool story Hansel.

Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28 Chris28

As everyone else has said just take the wheel off and see where it's rubbing. You can cut the fender liner so it still shields where the bumper and rocker are, just not the top part. Other than that take a big hammer and beat the metal seams flat.

Some people just remove the fender liner completely (me included lol) but don't do that, your car is too clean to do that.
Old 12-06-2009, 11:47 PM
Slow EG8
Registered Member

Slow EG8 has disabled reputation

tip for metal seam...cut slits in it...easier to beat. and depending on how low you are...your tie rods will hit your chasis. your gonna need to notch your chasis. tires rubbing at full lock is tire hitting chasis as well...i never beat mine bc i didnt wanna bend anything...from your name i guess you got an integra? i had 205/50/15 and i didnt rub at full lock...if you got a buddy with 195/40/16's mounted on some wheels try 2 of their wheels on the front of your car.

Old 12-07-2009, 04:39 AM
Subie2Honda
TreblicTunedFTW!!

Subie2Honda Subie2Honda

Originally Posted by Slow EG8
tip for metal seam...cut slits in it...easier to beat. and depending on how low you are...your tie rods will hit your chasis. your gonna need to notch your chasis. tires rubbing at full lock is tire hitting chasis as well...i never beat mine bc i didnt wanna bend anything...from your name i guess you got an integra? i had 205/50/15 and i didnt rub at full lock...if you got a buddy with 195/40/16's mounted on some wheels try 2 of their wheels on the front of your car.

Is that J. Coop's EG coupe behind your whip Asian? His new wheels are ubersexxxx
Old 12-07-2009, 04:58 AM
Beans90CRX
MOAR REP PLZ

Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX Beans90CRX

hey mick if you still need help come by my house and I'll help you figure something out. I ridden pretty dumpped with no rubbing issues
Old 12-07-2009, 10:19 AM
TurboEG8
...pulls trailer!!!

TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8 TurboEG8

if its rubbing the frame rails your alignment has probably been altered too much.

check steering shaft/wheel alignment

ther will be a little notch in shaft once wheel is removed it should be straight up

if your noticing the rubbing occures more often one way then both ways then align the car oposing the rubbing

if you want more left turn then right for uturns then align it accordingly