Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

dragva only autox?

Old 01-16-2003, 04:19 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

I used to be only a dragger (my club is made up of basically draggers) and I had a blast at pungo last weekend. I'm definetly in for something like this and I bet I could get all of Top end to come as well.
Old 01-16-2003, 06:19 PM
Fobby
Classified Moderator

Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby Fobby

im in yo.................5 door auto-x wagon
Old 01-16-2003, 06:22 PM
Axelerate
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

Originally posted by solo2cvc
You could even find a way to do bracket racing having their time on the windshield.
I think stuff like this is a good idea and people could relate to it if it's in more of a "drag" format. I can see people betting on times and getting real competitive. Which would be lots of fun and good for some bragging rights and even get some of us with "slower" cars some more respect.
Old 01-16-2003, 07:00 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally posted by scooby03
im in yo.................5 door auto-x wagon
x2. wagons represent. Please do this guys. If you need any help let me know. TTE (Team Top End) has been talking about doing this. We have had great success with our two charity events, (had a dyno at the last one) so we can help out.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:26 PM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

the main reason i was thinking SCCA was b/c Greg is sort of the head of the region, and I was gonna talk to him about all the information and see what i need to do. i know there's probably a lot of paper work, esp. insurance related. then there's the equipment fact, like the timers, and a generator if the laptop will be running all day (now i'm just thinking entering scores after every heat and printing standings out, along w/ a bulletin board). I figure Greg would be the one to set me off in the right direction (and maybe get a hold of some equipment/cones/etc.

TTE. I'm happy to see you interested in the event. knowing your success w/ prior events, maybe we could co-hold the event. right now, it's a well ways off, and we'll have plenty of time to talk about it.

as w/ the novice thing, i planned on giving a speech at the drivers meeting about that stuff. as of now, i'm keeping a list of things that need to be address for newbies.

Last edited by lightningd; 01-16-2003 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:45 PM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

...also, i'm thinking of having a handout of basic rules and setup of the heat system.
Old 01-17-2003, 07:42 AM
jmciver

jmciver is an unknown quantity at this point

A lot of good ideas and advice has been given thus far. My little bit of advice would be to use the KISS principle (Keep It Simple Stupid.....not calling anyone stupid of course )

This has the potential to be a very good event and expose others to the sport. But there is no need to go too crazy the first time out (and I am not saying that you are).

I definately support it and would be there and even would be willing to help out.
Old 01-17-2003, 08:47 AM
lightningd
co driver

i see what you're saying. very good point. I myself, will only be organizing the events, and once it's gets started, other ppl can hop on and help. if other co-events exist, i will not handle those, but have a small overlook on them. right now, just simple it is.

the KISS principle, lol, i like that.
Old 01-17-2003, 12:30 PM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave just wants to beat up on some faster cars. This should be fun.
Old 01-17-2003, 03:49 PM
roadRacer
old guy

roadRacer is an unknown quantity at this point

I definately think the KISS principle works. But doing something like promising after the event is over we will all pick up pylons and have a grill with hotdogs and hamburgers or something (could be paid for out of entry fees)... Something to get people there and get them to hang around and see all of what happens at events.

See I think most people's attitude about drag racing is that some big company puts on the event. I think seeing that we pick up the pylons after the event and then try to get together and hang out a little will go a long way at kinda showing this is just us that puts on these events.

Quick Reply: dragva only autox?