Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

We got any fast bikes here?

Old 01-01-2010, 09:07 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla
Default Re: We got any fast bikes here?

Bring your liter bikes to VIR and maybe you can keep up with me on my little wittle baby bike
Old 01-01-2010, 09:11 AM
D.Nick
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by VanillaThrilla
Bring your liter bikes to VIR and maybe you can keep up with me on my little wittle baby bike
Oh don't worry, I'll get there this year.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:12 AM
shiphteey
Banned

shiphteey shiphteey shiphteey

Originally Posted by Naptime
Almost any 600cc and up bike is fast (Minus a katana). Stupid fucking thread.
I beg to differ, for you see "fast" is relative. While they may be "quick", 160ish mph is not everyone's idea of "fast". In good conditions even older Honda F4s, carbed no less, squeaked 160 actual. You said minus a Katana....what about an old ZX-6E? What about an old Seca 2? See what I'm getting at? Might it be a "stupid fucking thread" because you don't meet the minimum requirement? No problem though, if you feel its pretty quick or fast post it up. Record for fastest 600 naturally aspirated was in the 190s...that in my opinion and most everyone elses would naturally fall in the "fast" category, if for no other reason simply because it put about 30 mph over a stocker....thats impressive when you consider no power adder and no jockey on the bike either.

Since others are shy and I was encouraged by others to post cycle-related posts on the cycle forum I'll go first:

This was in 2009 at Loring, Maine (AFB):

Its predominantly set up for straight line and has lost some of its streetability but will sometimes go out and play if there is enough incentive. A 10 year old platform that I chose because I felt like everyone and their mother was so Busa-biased and I couldn't get over the looks of the Busa. The tape, although somewhat of an eyesore was a necessity. Even had to go with 4 large zip ties for the inner lower chin cowling as after 220 it would press inwards and melt onto the headers. Although the bike was designed with 200 mph in mind, from its inception, even then preproduction models were barely hitting 210...so sometimes you discover new things and limitations as you keep pushing the envelope and have to make changes accordingly.

Last edited by shiphteey; 01-01-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Kris.Is.Foamin
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by shiphteey
I beg to differ, for you see "fast" is relative. While they may be "quick", 160ish mph is not everyone's idea of "fast". In good conditions even older Honda F4s, carbed no less, squeaked 160 actual. You said minus a Katana....what about an old ZX-6E? What about an old Seca 2? See what I'm getting at? Might it be a "stupid fucking thread" because you don't meet the minimum requirement? No problem though, if you feel its pretty quick or fast post it up. Record for fastest 600 naturally aspirated was in the 190s...that in my opinion and most everyone elses would naturally fall in the "fast" category, if for no other reason simply because it put about 30 mph over a stocker....thats impressive when you consider no power adder and no jockey on the bike either.

Since others are shy and I was encouraged by others to post cycle-related posts on the cycle forum I'll go first:

This was in 2009 at Loring, Maine (AFB):

Its predominantly set up for straight line and has lost some of its streetability but will sometimes go out and play if there is enough incentive. A 10 year old platform that I chose because I felt like everyone and their mother was so Busa-biased and I couldn't get over the looks of the Busa.
Nobody fucking cares fargot.

Your skeet at the mouth attitude towards straight line bikes is like the 16 year old kid with his first dual point CRX and projector cat-eye lights racing your moms cavalier on a public road.

O L O
Old 01-01-2010, 09:19 AM
shiphteey
Banned

shiphteey shiphteey shiphteey

Originally Posted by Kris.Is.Foamin
Nobody fucking cares fargot.

Your skeet at the mouth attitude towards straight line bikes is like the 16 year old kid with his first dual point CRX and projector cat-eye lights racing your moms cavalier on a public road.

O L O
What bike do you have again?
Old 01-01-2010, 09:28 AM
Kris.Is.Foamin
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

I ride a 05' Fit Team bike.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:45 AM
D.Nick
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Look, the things you have accomplished are cool, but you have come to the wrong forum to showcase that. The majority of people on this site are more concerned with going as low as you can with good fitment, or tracking at VIR. Straight line performance isn't really the thing anymore. It's awesome that you can do 200mph+ on a bike, but that lasts less than a minute.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:56 AM
The real Ryan
Type-R; Tight Car

The real Ryan has disabled reputation

Does it have Nitro Boosters?
Old 01-01-2010, 10:38 AM
Naptime
TEAM VAJJ

Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime Naptime

I'm sorry but your responce to my post boggles my mind. You said fast bikes rite? I did not know you said fastest top speed, I thought you would be talking about generally fast/ acceleration ect......
Old 01-01-2010, 11:13 AM
TheGreatLean

TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean TheGreatLean

Originally Posted by D.Nick
Why would I do that?
I think that was toward the OP.

Last edited by TheGreatLean; 01-01-2010 at 04:18 PM.

Quick Reply: We got any fast bikes here?