Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

skroozlooze clutch job

Old 04-30-2006 | 03:00 PM
3xb18
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: skroozlooze clutch job

I would take it back to the dealer and raise hell..dont back down I would not spent all that money on a new bike and then spend money on a new clutch but thats just me
Old 04-30-2006 | 03:34 PM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

yea man thats bullshit. and if in fact it does need a clutch, you shouldnt have to pay for that. it sucks being "that customer" sometimes, but if your bike is barely touching 1000 miles, that clutch should have PLENTY of life left in it.
Old 04-30-2006 | 04:01 PM
Bustadust
Registered Member

Bustadust can only hope to improve

Old 04-30-2006 | 04:05 PM
VADA9
A.K.A Slowintegra92

VADA9 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Its called you have a 1 Year warrenty from the factory?
Old 04-30-2006 | 04:31 PM
Bustadust
Registered Member

warranty doesnt cover clutch
Old 04-30-2006 | 07:05 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

doing burnouts will fry a clutch with a quickness.

especially if you're not doing them right. most people slip the clutch to get the wheel to spin... that's hell on the clutch. just rev it up while holding the bike between your knees and holding the front brake, and dump it.

if the dealer sees ANY sign that you've ever done a burnout, they're not going to do anything for you.

and no, clutches are wearable items, like brakes and whatnot, so they're not covered under warranty. stock clutches still last longer than aftermarket stuff though, and they're alot easier to ride with. most "performance" clutches don't give you much room to play with as far as the "slip zone" goes. it can make driving in traffic a P.I.T.A.

some bikes, including sv's, seem to need the clutch adjusted alot. especially if you're abusing it.
Old 05-01-2006 | 05:40 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

i can see them not doing anything for you with signs of burnouts (ie: rubber on the undertail). but even so, i did plenty burnouts on my old sv when i first got it. i did alot of clutch wheelies in second, and after about three of them it would overheat the clutch causing it not to want to come up anymore. i did that a bunch of times. when i say i gave that clutch hell, i really gave it hell. burnouts, wheelies, you name it. 17,500 miles on the bike when i sold it, and from what i hear, the new owner has put plenty more miles on it with no problems.

for me to hear about a sv needing a clutch after 1000 miles, im completely shocked...
Old 05-01-2006 | 06:33 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

i had over 40k on my sv... on a stock clutch (3 cranks, 3 front rods, and alot of bearings, but only 1 clutch) that's with countless power and clutched wheelies, burnouts, and alot of track time.

i guess it's HOW you're doing a burnout.
Old 05-02-2006 | 03:14 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
i had over 40k on my sv... on a stock clutch (3 cranks, 3 front rods, and alot of bearings, but only 1 clutch) that's with countless power and clutched wheelies, burnouts, and alot of track time.

i guess it's HOW you're doing a burnout.
... wow.. i thought i gave mine hell.
Old 05-02-2006 | 01:50 PM
Bustadust
Registered Member

it ended up needing another clutch adjustment.....he just did it in front of me and showed me how to do it...but how da hell can a bike need a readjustment after just 1 week?

Quick Reply: skroozlooze clutch job