Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Supra Concept

Old 01-29-2003 | 03:26 PM
Lazarus
WAKE UP AND DRIVE

Lazarus is an unknown quantity at this point

ewwwww
Old 01-29-2003 | 03:28 PM
soulDistortion
Patron

soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion soulDistortion

I like the profile, I'm ok with the rear 3/4 shot, but that front end is assed out. It looks like it got on a head-on collision with a Prius, and walked away with the front end.
Old 01-29-2003 | 03:35 PM
MattnTheHATch
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

ok the two top silver pics are ugly as shit, looks like the new bmw z4, GHEY! but the profile shot on the gold one looks hot as shit. toyota better not fuck this one up.
Old 01-29-2003 | 03:52 PM
mD5
back in ther vvti

mD5 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by 94SupraTT
I'm not sure if I agree with that. There is NO replacement for displacement. Sure forced induction is a SUBSTITUTE but with that you still have trade-offs. But to each his own. I personally like both displacement and forced induction. I have a little bit of both A 4liter I-6 with twin turbos would be grrrrreat.
well i wasnt getting at supra should keep a smaller motor. what i meant was that toyota can produce a v8 engine with more power and it would be alot more compact than the inline 6 design. so in this case. size being length a v8 could potentially produce more power than an i6. am i right?
Old 01-29-2003 | 09:22 PM
94SupraTT
'06 FF Champ

94SupraTT has disabled reputation

Originally posted by mD5
well i wasnt getting at supra should keep a smaller motor. what i meant was that toyota can produce a v8 engine with more power and it would be alot more compact than the inline 6 design. so in this case. size being length a v8 could potentially produce more power than an i6. am i right?
Not sure if I agree with that. The I6 in the MKIV Supra has a precision balanced crank. It has 12 counterweights to be exact. This would not be as easy to do with a V configured motor. There are 7 main journals in the I6 many V6s and V8s have 4-5, also the journals in the Supra are HUGE. In addition the block is cast iron, and the pistons are forged. All these things add up to a STOUT motor. You would not be able to do ALL of those things as easily in a V configured motor. Also, the way the exhaust ports are setup on the I6 enable MANY different turbo manifold setups. You can run twins, or a single quite easily. Sure you could run a single on a V6 however it would take a complex manifold whereas on a I6 it would be simple. As far as the area that the motors would take up I doubt there would be much of a difference. I say this because the 1JZ-GTE (2.5 liter twin turbo) and the 2JZ-GTE (3.0 liter twin turbo) take up virtually the same amount of space. Only the bore and stroke are different. The 2JZ-GTE could be bored a little more as well as given a longer stroke to easy make it a 3.5 liter The typical V8 as far as area in the engine bay is concerned is not ALOT smaller then a I6, it may not be smaller at all. Sure a I6 would be longer but we are talking about TOTAL area.

Turbos+a good helping of displacement=HAPPINESS

Oh yeah...All those pictures are very old. I doubt any car Toyota releases will look like any of those pictures.
Old 01-29-2003 | 09:27 PM
mD5
back in ther vvti

mD5 is an unknown quantity at this point

how about, toyota knows what they're doing. i'm not at all doubting the power of the i6 at all.

but when it comes down to it i'd rather have my 3s-gte