Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

07 gsxr ignition switch...

Old 01-06-2009, 10:16 AM
EMCracing
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EMCracing will become famous soon enough
Default Re: 07 gsxr ignition switch...

I piss 10 bucks away in gas in my truck just going to get lunch.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:38 PM
Nizmosr20
ummm what!?

Nizmosr20 has disabled reputation

thats your fault for having a truck that eats gas like that, i was going on average, and you cant say i wasn't being nice cause most people wouldn't even give gas money if the situation didn't work. All i'm saying is thank you for giving me the correct price and i'm sorry for the inconvenience. Now that i know the right price i'll look else where. and no i wasn't meaning installed. i would also like to know if you could possibly just change the key in the cylinder to keep the original keys or do you have to change all 3 out? i mean i dont mind carring 2 keys for the bike but all i wanted was the ignition switch cylinder.

Last edited by Nizmosr20; 01-06-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 PM
EMCracing
Registered Member

EMCracing will become famous soon enough

I love my truck

also why would I go to you. I thought when you buy something you go get it. I am not pizza hut

Last edited by EMCracing; 01-06-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:35 PM
rollingstock
yes sir

rollingstock has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Nizmosr20
thats your fault for having a truck that eats gas like that, i was going on average, and you cant say i wasn't being nice cause most people wouldn't even give gas money if the situation didn't work. All i'm saying is thank you for giving me the correct price and i'm sorry for the inconvenience. Now that i know the right price i'll look else where. and no i wasn't meaning installed. i would also like to know if you could possibly just change the key in the cylinder to keep the original keys or do you have to change all 3 out? i mean i dont mind carring 2 keys for the bike but all i wanted was the ignition switch cylinder.
u can take the helmet lock and get a key made.

iv sold stuff off here and ppl have giving me gas money.. that or they come to me... since they want the part.... thats the buyers job not the sellers
Old 01-07-2009, 12:55 AM
Real Random
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

foamin'?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:27 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by rollingstock
u can take the helmet lock and get a key made.

actually, you can't do that for an ignition. There's more tumblers in the ignition lock cylinder than there is in the gas cap or seat lock, so the key would open the cap and seat, but won't work in the ignition.

to the OP, it's possible to separate the electrical part of the ignition from the key cylinder. If you can find even a good ignition without a key, you can swap the lock cylinders and still have a single key for the whole bike.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:12 AM
rollingstock
yes sir

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
actually, you can't do that for an ignition. There's more tumblers in the ignition lock cylinder than there is in the gas cap or seat lock, so the key would open the cap and seat, but won't work in the ignition.

to the OP, it's possible to separate the electrical part of the ignition from the key cylinder. If you can find even a good ignition without a key, you can swap the lock cylinders and still have a single key for the whole bike.
wasnt talking about the ignition. he ask if he could get a key made just for the seat lock and gas cap..

and yes u can. iv seen it done. friend of mine got a key made for a old kz and they used the seatlock... how do i know?. they broke it.. but still made the key from it
Old 01-08-2009, 05:18 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

and yes u can. iv seen it done. friend of mine got a key made for a old kz and they used the seatlock... how do i know?. they broke it.. but still made the key from it
big difference between an old kz and an 07 gsxr. old bikes, like kz's, are a different story. Most of the older bikes use 5 tumblers in ALL the locks, so you can get away with it. Most newer bikes use 5 in the locks for the tank and seat, but between 7 and 9 tumblers on the ignition.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:38 AM
rollingstock
yes sir

big difference between an old kz and an 07 gsxr. old bikes, like kz's, are a different story. Most of the older bikes use 5 tumblers in ALL the locks, so you can get away with it. Most newer bikes use 5 in the locks for the tank and seat, but between 7 and 9 tumblers on the ignition.
Originally Posted by Nizmosr20
i would also like to know if you could possibly just change the key in the cylinder to keep the original keys or do you have to change all 3 out? i mean i dont mind carring 2 keys for the bike but all i wanted was the ignition switch cylinder.

read fool read... get off my nuts
Old 01-08-2009, 10:15 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

read fool read... get off my nuts