Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

yet another srt-4 fail<-=-= srt-4 dudes and dudettes

Old 05-27-2010, 12:44 PM
joeyblocks19
Joey Blocks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
joeyblocks19 has disabled reputation
Default Re: yet another srt-4 fail<-=-= srt-4 dudes and dudettes

if you have any mods u could be part throttle boosting and throwing a misfire code ......for that 1st and 2nd gear doesnt matter really unless you have 350hp+ but even stock 3rd 4th and 5th you shouldnt be boosting until 3k 3.5k rpms .... there is something you can do but that requires getting off factory controlled boost but you need an adjustable wastegate and map clamp/tuning program and some vaccum hose to do it plus it gets rid of the ugly ass vaccum block ..... i dunno mabye this helps .... you could always sell yours and buy mine? lol
Old 05-27-2010, 01:04 PM
Killer Wasp
SOHC>DOHC

Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp Killer Wasp

bucket of shits
Old 05-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by joeyblocks19
if you have any mods u could be part throttle boosting and throwing a misfire code ......for that 1st and 2nd gear doesnt matter really unless you have 350hp+ but even stock 3rd 4th and 5th you shouldnt be boosting until 3k 3.5k rpms .... there is something you can do but that requires getting off factory controlled boost but you need an adjustable wastegate and map clamp/tuning program and some vaccum hose to do it plus it gets rid of the ugly ass vaccum block ..... i dunno mabye this helps .... you could always sell yours and buy mine? lol
All that should be easily solved by actual ECU tuning. What do part throttle and boost have to do with each other? Are you trying to say that you'll throw a misfire code if you don't have your foot to the floor when you've got positive manifold pressure?
Old 05-27-2010, 01:43 PM
NORIDE:(
Registered Member

NORIDE:( has disabled reputation

its forsale for well say 10,000.. haha i like how this turned into a for sale thread. i gurantee you a mod says something about it. gee thanks guys.
yea zero mods done bone stock. like i said the car only has 14k miles on it but i did put a hks on tha b*tch..nothing else has been messed with
Old 05-27-2010, 01:44 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

OP go to SRTForums and visit the MidAltlantic Section and post there. This site wont help you with your problem, also use the search there for those codes.
Old 05-27-2010, 01:51 PM
NORIDE:(
Registered Member

NORIDE:( has disabled reputation

yea i mean i know what the codes are and what "should fix the problem" but need other possibile problems that may cause this to happen.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:05 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by NORIDE:(
yea i mean i know what the codes are and what "should fix the problem" but need other possibile problems that may cause this to happen.
thats why i said you should make a thread on SRTForums. you'd get alot more help than here.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:07 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Have you Reset the ECU?
Old 05-27-2010, 02:08 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Also have you changed the coil pack? swap with a fellow SRT owner, reset ECU and see if it doesnt come back.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:09 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

check your gapping. a good all around gap is anywhere from .035-.040.