Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

jdm itr swap

Old 03-15-2008, 08:58 AM
EH3_SOHC
for alarms/rmt-strts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation
Default Re: jdm itr swap

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
What the hell are you talking about? What is a "crank angle knock sensor"? Do you mean a knock sensor or a crank angle sensor?

Why are you trying to confuse people with meaningless crap?
i laff'd
Old 04-01-2008, 03:54 PM
jdmadam
Registered member

jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam jdmadam

why are you putting a type r in your si? I mean a type r is going to cost you like $4000 plus, why dont you take that money and build the b16. You can turbo your motor and put down some really good numbers

Last edited by jdmadam; 03-24-2010 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:46 PM
00civicman
Registered member

00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts00civicman is infamous around these parts

it should
Old 04-12-2008, 12:16 PM
00si
Registered Member

00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts00si is infamous around these parts

please close
Old 04-12-2008, 01:55 PM
turbofordummies
Reppin The DOHC

turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies

yes
Old 04-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
What the hell are you talking about? What is a "crank angle knock sensor"? Do you mean a knock sensor or a crank angle sensor?

Why are you trying to confuse people with meaningless crap?

At to make things worse, you're not talking about either actually..

The crank angle sensor is in the distributor (which they all have) , and the knock sensor is completely unrelated (and all B-series VTEC engines have that too). If you try to bypass the crank angle sensor, which is one of the main sensors the ECU uses to determine engine angular position, you're in a world of hurt. It's hard to inject fuel and fire a spark plug if you don't know where the pistons are except when you're at top dead center and at the cylinder one position.

You're talking about a crank fluctuation sensor, it picks up off of the crank gear down by the oil pump. USDM ODB2 cars generally have it, JDM generally doesn't. A USDM oil pump (with CKF sensor) and USDM crank gear (with a new woodruff key because the ITR woodruff key is permanently attached) is all you need if you want to use a USDM OBD2 ECU.

You might have to do something about the immobilizer if you use the ITR ECU (I don't remember, do some research), but I would still suggest using that because it has the correct mapping and parameters for the ITR engine. So you'll be de-tuning the engine if you use the B16 ECU.
OBD2 B16s have a Crank Angle Senor on the crank aswell. Just thought I'd let you know that.

(I'm in the middle of adding a B18c in my Si and bought another harness. I removed it from my harness, along with the knock sensor plug. I'm going OBD-1. Fuck obd-2)

Originally Posted by jdmadam
why are you putting a type r in your si? I mean a type r is going to cost you like $4000 plus, why dont you take that money and build the b16. You can turbo your motor and beat a type r any day or build a all-motor application etheir way its going to be faster than a type r if built right. In my opinion the b16 and the b18b (ls) are the best motors to build
Thats your opinion. I actually like the fact that I'm saving my number matching number from being tornapart and used in some hybrid that could cause my head to get messed up.

Or I like the fact that it has a slightly better head, nice girdle in the bottom end and the factory LSD. While your working on your 'hybrid' setup. I'll turn key and continue to beat on it.

Plus. I don't know about you but most people would feel more secure in buying a car with a factory Type R swap than some joe-blow from your area throwing together a lsvtec setup.

And for the record, I know you'll come back with your first sentence to me. I have no where NEAR 4,000 dollars in my Type R swap.
Old 04-12-2008, 08:25 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by Jarrod
OBD2 B16s have a Crank Angle Senor on the crank aswell. Just thought I'd let you know that.
No, no they don't.

The sensor on the crank is not the crank angle sensor, it's the crank fluctuation sensor. OBD2 B16s still have the crank angle sensor in the distributor.

Look it up.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 04-12-2008 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:39 AM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Correct.... although many tuners/builders always refer to that sensor on the crank as Crank Angle Sensor.... so, did myself a while back until I started setting up my EMS to integrate a C.O.P. (Honda CBR coils) system. I wanted to completely remove my distributor for the set-up and found out that it will NOT work since the distributor houses the Crank Angle Sensor which generates the signal for the firing sequence of the spark plugs. So, what I did was tamper with the internal of the distributor and remove most of its gut as per articles I've read.

It is also a true statement that if the Crank Fluctuator Sensor is not hooked, the ECU can also/possibly emit a code for the Crank Angle Sensor (code 54 and code 8).

I know that this thread was requested to be closed... but this is to clarify and elaborate some of the facts that we were discussing.... this is what we are here for afterall.........

Last edited by thermal; 04-13-2008 at 05:41 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 11:59 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by thermal
It is also a true statement that if the Crank Fluctuator Sensor is not hooked, the ECU can also/possibly emit a code for the Crank Angle Sensor (code 54 and code 8).
The ECU compares the crank fluctuation sensor and crank angle sensor, which is why having one or the other disconnected with an OBD2 ECU doesn't work. There are some ways to use the crank position sensor for both the crank angle and crank fluctuation (CKF) for using JDM engines with a USDM ECU, etc...

Its too bad that the CKF encoder wheel is part of the crank pulley, because then you could have just used that for the crank angle sensor (with a different encoder pattern), like most (non-distributor) engines do. But, you still would have needed the cam position sensor so gutting the distributor was still the best way to go. Why does Honda have to do everything so differently?
Old 04-13-2008, 07:35 PM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

I know what you mean Chris.... and freakin' stand alone hall effect sensors are just too expensive.........

Quick Reply: jdm itr swap