Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

What is with people that want to trade cars?

Old 10-30-2005, 05:43 PM
MVaughn
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MVaughn is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What is with people that want to trade cars?

Sorry, hope you get it resolved.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:50 PM
94silude
89silude

94silude is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cosmo

wow, that's really messed up man. some ppl these days...
Old 10-30-2005, 07:03 PM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Man oh man, that's messed up Chad!

...I wonder how that scam works. I could understand pulling some shit like that if you were in Nigeria or something, or outside of the US.. but Indiana? Like you're not going to be hunted down and thrown in jail? Doing several crimes that way... fraud over the internet, for starters. Supposedly that's a felony.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

The strange thing is that he listed a phone number that doesn't work. If he was posting my car in the hopes of someone sending him money for the car, they don't have any way to get in touch with him. I had a couple friends e-mail him to ask about buying the car, and he hasn't responed to them...
Old 10-31-2005, 12:31 AM
AMDxp2000
It tilts

AMDxp2000 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Cosmo
The strange thing is that he listed a phone number that doesn't work. If he was posting my car in the hopes of someone sending him money for the car, they don't have any way to get in touch with him. I had a couple friends e-mail him to ask about buying the car, and he hasn't responed to them...

Holy shit..watch it be some dragva goon who saw your ebay add than posted that.....but that is really messed up.......what did autotrader say ?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:25 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Okay.... first of all, I used the "email seller" option and got this back from the "seller":

Hello,
The car is in perfect condition. I'm from Portland and the car is there in my garage.This car is like new, STATE OF THE ART, completely working, no scratches, no dents, never been abused,always well taken care of,low miles, with 3 years EXTENDED, INTERNATIONAL and TRANSFERABLE warranty and will be honored at any dealer in your country,the car was properly serviced and stored, has a clear title and it can be registred into your name at any time, all the additional documents needed for registration ( servicing history, original invoice, inssurance, registration, manual) keys and accesories are available and you will receive them along with the car.
Currently I'm in ITALY where I'm staying with my son and his wife.My son had a heart attack and needs a triple bypass,and this is why I decided to move here with my wyfe to help his wife to take care of him.He may not make it after operation so I have to stay here.I want to sell the car because I don't want it here.If you are really interested to buy the car (the total price is USD 8100 ,this price includes shipping and insurance),I will come back in US no longer than two days,so we be able to close the deal.So if you are serious intrested please let me know,we will
discuse the payment options and maybe we can get to a deal!

Waiting for your reply.
Have a nice day!

His e-mail is holloman_steph@yahoo.com if anyone wants to contact him and see what he says about the car...

So, I called AutoTrader this morning, and the bitch I spoke to said that she had no record of me calling on Friday, of course, and that she would see what she could do, but it usually takes 48-72 hours for a listing to be removed from the database. I told her that she had until noon to remove it or I would go ahead with the law suit. At that point, she told me she didn't really care what I did, and that she had no way of knowing if I was telling her the truth, so she wouldn't remove that listing after all. I asked to speak to her supervisor, and she said that as far as I was concerned, she was the highest ranking person I was allowed to speak to.

I hung up and called back. A different person answered, and I very politely asked to speak to the supervisor on duty. I've been on hold for over an hour so far...

My lawyer has already drawn up the papers, and is just waiting for me to sign them. I told them if the ad was still up at noon, I'd come up and sign them.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:40 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Get 'em boy!

What shitty customer service they have.. Fucking pathetic!

I hope you get them for everything they're worth.
Old 10-31-2005, 05:47 AM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, so let me get this straight... Some dude is "selling" your car?
Old 10-31-2005, 05:50 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
Basically he's using his classified ad (or the pictures and description of the car, anyway) to sell a car that he doesn't own.. It's just another branch off of the ol' scam tree, anyway.
Old 10-31-2005, 06:03 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
Sort of. He stole my photos and description from my auction and posted it as he was the one selling it. For $8100.

But, it looks like AutoTrader may have finally taken the ad down now. About fucking time.