Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

rear lca question

Old 05-14-2008, 10:20 PM
bumada
ermahgerd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada bumada
Default Re: rear lca question

I had to cut the bolt that connected the strut to my lca in my integra. It somehow attached itself to the bushing and the impact gun shredded the bushing to bits when i tried to get it loose. I think the bolt alone was close to $10 from Honda.
Old 05-15-2008, 06:15 AM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

Originally Posted by bumada
I had to cut the bolt that connected the strut to my lca in my integra. It somehow attached itself to the bushing and the impact gun shredded the bushing to bits when i tried to get it loose. I think the bolt alone was close to $10 from Honda.
well, i just called honda not too long ago and each of the bolts are $18.99 a piece!! screw that.

with that said, if anyone has ek stock rear lca's with the bushings and bolts intact, pm me or gimme a call at 757-619-0970. i need these by the morning of 5/16 so lemme know asap.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:29 AM
cleckner04
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a set of lca for an ek. but i did the same thing. all you have to do it press out your fronts, the one that hooks to the trailing arm and put them in the hole that is missing. when you reinstall the bolts. new or used. coat them in anti seize. that is what i do everytime i take out a bolt. hell i even do it on the spark plugs.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

If you put anti-seize on your bolts, your torque specs get thrown out the window if you're using a torque wrench. Keep that in mind.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 AM
basketthis69
All stock. No modify

basketthis69 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by 4dr vtec
well, i just called honda not too long ago and each of the bolts are $18.99 a piece!! screw that.

with that said, if anyone has ek stock rear lca's with the bushings and bolts intact, pm me or gimme a call at 757-619-0970. i need these by the morning of 5/16 so lemme know asap.
DUDE!!! why didn't you ask... just call honda or acura and ask for the DEALER price. about 2-3 dollars a piece. Picked up all new ones for mine because my bolts did the same thing as I was explaining in another thread....

You def want to have those bolts though!!! IF you don't, your suspension could fall off or twist and all sorts of shit you don't want to happen. If you can't get dealer price, get up with me and I'll get them for you!!!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:04 AM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken Fried_Chicken

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If you put anti-seize on your bolts, your torque specs get thrown out the window if you're using a torque wrench. Keep that in mind.
and a torque wrench will definitely be used. i'm currently attempting to locate some replacement bolts and/or lca's. i have a couple leads, but nothing concrete yet..well, i'm off to work so if anyone has anything please don't hesitate to call me at 757-619-0970. thanks for everyone's help

Originally Posted by basketthis69
DUDE!!! why didn't you ask... just call honda or acura and ask for the DEALER price. about 2-3 dollars a piece. Picked up all new ones for mine because my bolts did the same thing as I was explaining in another thread....

You def want to have those bolts though!!! IF you don't, your suspension could fall off or twist and all sorts of shit you don't want to happen. If you can't get dealer price, get up with me and I'll get them for you!!!!!!
pm'd you bro
Old 05-15-2008, 05:38 PM
RPRacing
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

Juust texted you.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:15 AM
cleckner04
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

why would your torque it? i put my on with anti seize and tighten the shit out of it and they are still good. and that has been a year ago.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:13 AM
Fried_Chicken
formerly Black_Man

Originally Posted by RPRacing
Juust texted you.
texted you back
Old 05-16-2008, 10:30 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by cleckner04
why would your torque it? i put my on with anti seize and tighten the shit out of it and they are still good. and that has been a year ago.
Remind me not to let you near my cars with a wrench.

Quick Reply: rear lca question