Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How to improve my 2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr.

Old 05-18-2008, 08:31 AM
dave22
throwbAcura

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22
Default Re: How to improve my 2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr.

You can make it nice but it won't be a munual and it won't be fast.

If you MUST have those two things then yeah, you may want to start with a better platform. At least at your level of car knowledge.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:35 AM
tha540va
Registered Member

tha540va has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dave22
You can make it nice but it won't be a munual and it won't be fast.

If you MUST have those two things then yeah, you may want to start with a better platform. At least at your level of car knowledge.
preciate the help, I'll probably trade it now because I prefer manual anyways...I can probably get my step dad to help me "fix it up" since he used to be a mechanic for porsche...

thanks for all the help.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:39 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

I have a four door as well. Good luck with your build, right now I assume you have the shitty ass d16y7. The automatic swap isn't too hard, it is just time consuming more than anything else.

If you are looking for cheap power/increase. I honestly would say go with what I have in my car now. I have a Automatic LS motor with a B16 transmission/b16 flywheel only with intake header and exhaust. Mind you, it isn't fast at all, but it is quick for what it is. Not counting the b16 I put in, I probably have about 1000 wrapped up into this swap, thats:

-Hasport mounts
-Hasport linkages with poly eurathane bushings and skunk2 weighted knob and shifter
-B16 trans with clutch/flywheel
-B18b1 engine.

If you ever need any help once you get converted over to 5 speed or whatever and you need some help. Let me know and I will help out where ever I can.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:45 AM
tha540va
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Sedan Man stan
I have a four door as well. Good luck with your build, right now I assume you have the shitty ass d16y7. The automatic swap isn't too hard, it is just time consuming more than anything else.

If you are looking for cheap power/increase. I honestly would say go with what I have in my car now. I have a Automatic LS motor with a B16 transmission/b16 flywheel only with intake header and exhaust. Mind you, it isn't fast at all, but it is quick for what it is. Not counting the b16 I put in, I probably have about 1000 wrapped up into this swap, thats:

-Hasport mounts
-Hasport linkages with poly eurathane bushings and skunk2 weighted knob and shifter
-B16 trans with clutch/flywheel
-B18b1 engine.

If you ever need any help once you get converted over to 5 speed or whatever and you need some help. Let me know and I will help out where ever I can.
That sounds pretty interesting too, problem is I doubt I can make the conversion on my own...and step dad who was a mechanic is usually pretty busy messing w/ his Mx bike...

Where can I find allllll of that stuff and about how much do you think it would cost?
Old 05-18-2008, 08:51 AM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by tha540va
That sounds pretty interesting too, problem is I doubt I can make the conversion on my own...and step dad who was a mechanic is usually pretty busy messing w/ his Mx bike...

Where can I find allllll of that stuff and about how much do you think it would cost?
Prices range differently man, I don't know where you live but Junkyards are your best bet to get the 5 speed conversion parts. Heres what your going to need

Clutch slave cylinder
Clutch master cylinder
Clutch master reservoir
Clutch slave line
Pedal assembly
Flywheel for MT
Clutch
Transmission

Technically, you do not need an ecu it will just throw the code for the transmission. BUT, if your going to be taking the motor out anyway and want a clean setup, you might want to do the engine harness from a manual transmission as well, it will look a lot cleaner. I don't think I would see you spending over 1500 for a full swap with the conversion. Best advice I could give you, go on Honda-tech.com and look for the 96-00 specific thread and research, research, research. If you want to learn anything your going to have to not be afraid to use the search button or grab a wrench. Good luck.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:03 AM
tha540va
Registered Member

and I can get all of those parts off of any kind of civic that ranges from a 96-00?

I'm also wondering if just finding someone that is willing to do a clean trade is more worth it and then investing that extra 1500 into that car that already has the 5 spd...

Yeah, hopefully if I do decide to try it on my own I don't mess anything up since this is my daily car...

you're a big help though...thank you.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:12 AM
xeno
Registered Member

xeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond reputexeno has a reputation beyond repute

manual conversion isnt that hard or expensive if you have someone other than a shop do it.... but i say buy a cheap older EF thats 5 speed an start from there drop a high comp. B20B in it with b16 tranny GG done for someone as yong as you thats plenty.
Old 05-18-2008, 09:20 AM
tha540va
Registered Member

preciate that input, but I wouldn't know where to get any of that stuff or how to put it in, I'm guessing a junk yard or the FS sect. on this site...and then just try and experiment on my own as for putting it in?...i just really need to get away from the 110 HP it drives me nuts as to how slow it is...

so trade the VP and find something like an EX?
Old 05-18-2008, 01:45 PM
tha540va
Registered Member

keep the ideas coming...
Old 05-18-2008, 01:56 PM
DickButt
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by Sedan Man stan
What exactly is wrong with the y7? There are plenty of built hondas that are pretty fast with y7s and z6s.

To the op: Keep the motor stock or sell the car.. I heard the auto tranny don't hold too much power, and a conversion seems too much for you at this point.
Why don't you listen to dave and just lower it and put nice wheels on it. With a lip kit and some window tint, it might not look half bad.

Quick Reply: How to improve my 2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr.