Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM guru needed

Old 05-20-2008, 09:39 AM
Verbal
r0tard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts
Default Re: DSM guru needed

ISC...that sommabitch. I was leaning towards that....I was going to bypass the damn thing anyway.

Any pointers on get my timing set with the 1st gen CPS..?
Old 05-20-2008, 09:49 AM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

You dont want the BISS screw all the way in, there is a certain method to setting it, Ill have to digg it up.

As for setting the timing with a 1g (I assume you meant CAS), here is a thread for a 1g, you wont have to ground the sensor since 2g's dont have it.

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/timin.htm
Old 05-20-2008, 09:56 AM
Verbal
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
You dont want the BISS screw all the way in, there is a certain method to setting it, Ill have to digg it up.

As for setting the timing with a 1g (I assume you meant CAS), here is a thread for a 1g, you wont have to ground the sensor since 2g's dont have it.

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/timin.htm
*Ninja edit* LOL. CAS, yes.

I was thinking camshaft position sensor and crank angle sensor.

I guess i need a 1st gen crank pulley, i don't have the marks on my 2nd gen pulley.

Last edited by Verbal; 05-20-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:05 AM
Verbal
r0tard

Will you be busy this Saturday? Earlier the better...maybe you could give this thing a quick once over, visually and aurally. Being the first non-oem DSM i have dealt with, i would feel better if someone who knows these well was to check it out. I have been driving it back and forth to work for a week, so i guess it can't be doing too bad. The 16g is pretty "peppy" at stock boost levels, i am anxious to see it at about 20psi.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:15 AM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

2nd gen crank pulleys have the mark, you just have to look for it. It's there, trust me

I am heading out of town this weekend like everyone else unforunately.

What are you tuning with?
Old 05-20-2008, 12:00 PM
Verbal
r0tard

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
2nd gen crank pulleys have the mark, you just have to look for it. It's there, trust me

I am heading out of town this weekend like everyone else unforunately.

What are you tuning with?
Right now, i'll be using a piggyback.... SAFC, and 550's. I just want to take advantage of the 16g, and from what i have read...the SAFC and 550's will allow that. Once i decide on whether or not i am keeping this thing, i will go dsmlink or AEM, and a bigger snail.

You have any 2nd gen parts still laying around? I need an a/c line going from the compressor to the drier. (I got the t-stat housing from you awhile back, in case you fergot)
Old 05-20-2008, 03:09 PM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Originally Posted by Verbal
Right now, i'll be using a piggyback.... SAFC, and 550's. I just want to take advantage of the 16g, and from what i have read...the SAFC and 550's will allow that. Once i decide on whether or not i am keeping this thing, i will go dsmlink or AEM, and a bigger snail.

You have any 2nd gen parts still laying around? I need an a/c line going from the compressor to the drier. (I got the t-stat housing from you awhile back, in case you fergot)
I have a decent amount of parts for sale, but nothing stock atm.
http://www.dsmtalk.com/forums/showth...99#post1927399

that is the link to my FS thread on DSMTalk.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Verbal
r0tard

I'll have to register, it won't let me browse.
Old 05-20-2008, 05:35 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Did you do all the wiring required for the 1G CAS to work properly without throwing a code? Also, is it a 95 or a 97-99? the Wiring is different depending on year, the CAS signals are inverted. If you have conflicting signals between the Cam angle sensor and Crank angle sensor the ECU will be very confused and could possibly be the problem. Usually that will throw a code though. Also unless you have DSMlink or AEM the MAP sensor still has to be there. The "bolt" you are missing isn't actually a bolt, a TPS open/closed switch goes there, on a 1G.

Last edited by HighPSI TSi Guy; 05-20-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 04:28 PM
Verbal
r0tard

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Did you do all the wiring required for the 1G CAS to work properly without throwing a code? Also, is it a 95 or a 97-99? the Wiring is different depending on year, the CAS signals are inverted. If you have conflicting signals between the Cam angle sensor and Crank angle sensor the ECU will be very confused and could possibly be the problem. Usually that will throw a code though. Also unless you have DSMlink or AEM the MAP sensor still has to be there. The "bolt" you are missing isn't actually a bolt, a TPS open/closed switch goes there, on a 1G.

I bet the map is the problem then, RRE has bad info on their site. Can i use a vacuum hose to a firewall mounted map. My wiring is fine and yes i re-pinned the ecu, i have been driving it with zero problems, other than the idle issue.

*UPDATE*

The ISC was toast. I put the ISC/FIAV plate on today and it runs/idles like a dream

Last edited by Verbal; 05-24-2008 at 10:34 AM.