Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!

Old 05-05-2004, 05:50 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!

Originally Posted by Choodle
I disagree. I think that since it is your first offense, you'll have to take driver improvement and maybe a little community service. But I don't think they will suspend it. The second time you get a wreckless they probably will suspend it.

uhh...you do realize that VT_453 is a donut cruncher....i mean police officer? (sorry J...i had to )

it is purely up to the discretion of the judge on this.....but it does depend on what he wrote him for, wreckless or such. but having additional tickets on record doesnt help.....
Old 05-05-2004, 06:20 AM
Racin'6Poop9
Poops

Racin'6Poop9 has disabled reputation

I understand where yer comin' from. I got a speeding ticket on 5-81 by a state trooper who was in the median at nite time, he was hard as hell to see, i just went right on by going 70. Well at court i wasnt offered DIP class, so i fought it like hell b/c i didnt want that on my record, keep in mind this was my first offense. So it ended up in some higher court other than traffic court, and i asked for DIP class and i got it, soo shoot for that if any thing else!!
Old 05-05-2004, 06:30 AM
milliondollarjb
VA is for HOKIES

milliondollarjb is an unknown quantity at this point

90 day suspension..... we can take the bus together.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:03 AM
seventytimes7
Registered Member

seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7 seventytimes7

i also have a court date for a reckless driving ticket comming up ... im pretty sure my lisence is goin to get suspended due to a ticket last year. if they do suspend my lisence how do i go ab asking for a restricted lisence just to drive to work?
Old 05-05-2004, 10:00 AM
Hayashi
Banned

Hayashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by seventytimes7
i also have a court date for a reckless driving ticket comming up ... im pretty sure my lisence is goin to get suspended due to a ticket last year. if they do suspend my lisence how do i go ab asking for a restricted lisence just to drive to work?

it was a wreckless... taking the bus to jmu is so uncoool... i hate not being in controll..

i already taken a driving improvement class in december for the drifitng ticket.... i just don't know what to do... i have $$$ i don't care about $$ tickets... i just don't want my liscense to get suspended...
Old 05-05-2004, 11:12 AM
srt4hokie
Registered Member

srt4hokie is on a distinguished road

Where does the safety zone end on 81? If you were in the safety zone I would say your screwed, but that zone may end at Christiansburg.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:23 AM
Choodle
bring ding ding ding

Choodle has disabled reputation

Safety zone is from Ironto to Roanoke. Well, actually closer to Salem than Roanoke. Suspended license isn't the worst thing in the world. I had a friend that drove on suspended license for a while, he was just really careful and didn't do anything stupid. Just be sure not to pass the same trooper. If it was Eddie Bowen, I can tell him to tell the judge to go easy on you, if not, good luck.
Old 05-05-2004, 11:24 AM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

i dont see it being eddie......

he doesnt do traffic. straight in charge of State Inspectors....
Old 05-05-2004, 11:35 AM
VTFrontier
Cut,it,out

VTFrontier

i got a ticket in november when i was 18, turned 19 in january. it was a 77 in a 65. not as bad. if you got wreckless your screwed, i wouldnt be surprised if your license is suspended. i had to pay my fine and take the 8 hour driver improvment class...which blew
Old 05-05-2004, 12:55 PM
V8BRICK
Registered Member

V8BRICK is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Hayashi
it was a wreckless... taking the bus to jmu is so uncoool... i hate not being in controll..

i already taken a driving improvement class in december for the drifitng ticket.... i just don't know what to do... i have $$$ i don't care about $$ tickets... i just don't want my liscense to get suspended...
Johnny Cochrane is only a phone call away if you've fat wads in your pockets.

Quick Reply: Caught speeding and i'm freaking out!