Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Rice guide

Old 11-07-2002, 09:05 AM
B18C Hatch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B18C Hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

bigger rims don't always mean rice, look at me i had 13in stock wheels and now i have 15in (but no tires yet) i will get a hell of a lot more traction and turning abilities, which i need becasue i went from 70hp to 180hp.
Old 11-07-2002, 09:08 AM
The Barst
¿Señor Member?

The Barst is an unknown quantity at this point

What if you have civic cx with a b18c1. Should you use the stock 13" rims or go ricey with some 17" Volk Gram lights?
Old 11-07-2002, 09:10 AM
cutelilcavigurl

cutelilcavigurl is an unknown quantity at this point

go rice!
Old 11-07-2002, 11:21 AM
16g-95gsx
Registered Member

16g-95gsx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by weavil
Honestly not everyone fixed up a car for performance. IF someone throws a body kit and aluminum wing on their care AND thinks it's fast that would be one thing. If someone throws on a body kit and wing, takes it out for shows, and knows it's not fast that is another.

If you don't like someone's car take it to super punchout other wise shut the fuck up. She's entitled to do whatever she wants to do as long as she's not the retard who goes around piping their 1.6 liters and causing all types of attention @ the meeting spots.
Hope you werent referring to me in that post. I tried my best to not pick out anyone specific, and even admitted in the past that I myself used to own a big wing and indiglo gauges.

To add, one thing I do hate is those people who say "all show" etc, and yet their car looks like such ass, and its obvious that there is no way in hell they'd ever really win a show. God I had some people like that back home, hated them.

Hey Josh, how much of an increase did those mugen socks add?
Old 11-07-2002, 12:26 PM
weavil
Jerome LeBanner Fan

weavil has disabled reputation

The "you" is more of an all encompassing (sp?) "you" for people who point fingers @ others who have appearance mods.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:38 PM
Mugent3/t4e

Mugent3/t4e has disabled reputation

Originally posted by 16g-95gsx

Hey Josh, how much of an increase did those mugen socks add? [/B]
Hey now Chris, lets not get JDM confused with rice, everyone knows if its JDM it WILL add power now matter what it is......
Old 11-07-2002, 12:43 PM
Mugent3/t4e

Mugent3/t4e has disabled reputation

Originally posted by B18C Hatch
bigger rims don't always mean rice, look at me i had 13in stock wheels and now i have 15in (but no tires yet) i will get a hell of a lot more traction and turning abilities, which i need becasue i went from 70hp to 180hp.
I dont mean to get off topic but did you ever find out whats was wrong with your B18C? Me and my friend were looking around on the net and found out that they did make auto B18C's in Japan ( I never knew this) and they have smaller cam lobes, this might be why Vtec dont hit as hard as is should but the motor runs fine, auto motor w/ 5 speed tranny. Just a thought.....
Old 11-07-2002, 02:51 PM
B18C Hatch

B18C Hatch is an unknown quantity at this point

i believe the fly wheel will be different if its auto. I am 99% sure the problem is the intake mani secondary. I checked with my brothers GSR and the solenoid moves when you start the car and mines does not. Anyway i will be getting the Victor X intake mani hopefully for christmas and that will solve the problem while adding a little hp
Old 11-07-2002, 05:24 PM
Cyberdemon
Smut Peddler

Cyberdemon is an unknown quantity at this point

The R in Type R stands for Really fast...

I have an SE-R which stands for Super Extra - Really fast

And theres nothing wrong with doing plain dress up mods to a car if it doesn't cost all that much and looks nice. By that I mean things like Clear corners, painted calipers, painted wheels etc.

I'm painting my wheels and calipers just because I'm sick of my calipers being stained green from wheel cleaner.

And my JDM shift boot gave me at least 20 more pounds of torque at the wheels...
Old 11-07-2002, 06:07 PM
Rguy
God

Rguy is an unknown quantity at this point

"The R in Type R stands for Really fast..."

Hell yeah, thats why i bought mine! And the clear corners and painted calipers are nice and all, but save the 10 bucks for a case of beer, who gives a hell if u have green calipers project mu calipers are green

Quick Reply: Rice guide