Notices
Want to Buy / Trade ARCHIVE Previous forum, cannot make any new posts.

WTB 97 Gst Cylinder Head

Old 08-08-2007 | 03:37 PM
1997EclipseGST
Local DSM Noob

1997EclipseGST has disabled reputation
Default Re: WTB 97 Gst Cylinder Head

Sounds like a solid deal myself, and thank you so very much for the offer I will keep you posted. If anything if I can score a 2G head I'd rather go that route instead of buying all those other parts. Yet again I can always part out the upper motor later down the road as well to help for the upgrade. The car has 122K on it. I am going to try and get those other parts brand new. It will hurt but alteast it will all be in good shape. I'll keep you posted Nick right?
Old 08-08-2007 | 05:05 PM
1997EclipseGST
Local DSM Noob

Nick how much for your head speaking of which? I'm going to research all the parts I need to get, I'm not sure but going to have the mech that last worked on my car (big mistake) and see all what new stuff he's put into it. ~Brian
Old 08-08-2007 | 06:02 PM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Id sell my head complete for $300. It's known good or it wouldnt still be on my car. Ill even throw in a OEM head gasket for you if you want. I dont think I have anything else that would benefit you though.

Last edited by Hybrid AWD; 08-08-2007 at 06:46 PM.
Old 08-08-2007 | 07:23 PM
1997EclipseGST
Local DSM Noob

I'm sure the head would be enough bro. I've ordered a new OEM head gasket (said to be the most forgiving for little warp), APR head bolts and new valve cover. I hope that will fix the issue. It would be nice to if my head is cracked and if that is the current issue I know there would be one of stand by if needed.
I'll get with you once I have the parts together, wont be this weekend or anything maybe the following weekend around payday E.I 15th. Do you have all the tools and such to pull and head and also what happens if the head gasket completely blows is there someone you know to tow it to your place or your shop? I'll be more than happy to pay for the replacement as long as I can learn how to do it. I can pull the head and all that but the part that worries me is the timing. I dont want to mess that up, already skipped a tooth once hoping never again.
Old 08-09-2007 | 04:29 AM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

Originally Posted by 1997EclipseGST
I'm sure the head would be enough bro. I've ordered a new OEM head gasket (said to be the most forgiving for little warp), APR head bolts and new valve cover. I hope that will fix the issue. It would be nice to if my head is cracked and if that is the current issue I know there would be one of stand by if needed.
I'll get with you once I have the parts together, wont be this weekend or anything maybe the following weekend around payday E.I 15th. Do you have all the tools and such to pull and head and also what happens if the head gasket completely blows is there someone you know to tow it to your place or your shop? I'll be more than happy to pay for the replacement as long as I can learn how to do it. I can pull the head and all that but the part that worries me is the timing. I dont want to mess that up, already skipped a tooth once hoping never again.
My buddy tows cars, but he can't tow for free is the bad thing since his dad owns the company. I could come to you for the head swap and just do it where the car is now. Granted, it's nicer to do it at my house since I have my air compressor and all of my tools. Where are you located?
I am heading on vacation this saturday (11th) through next saturday (18th), so we could probably get it done on that sunday if you want? Just let me know, I'll pull my head most likely when I get back from vacation. Just let me know, I'll show you some tips and tricks if I do it for you, that way you will be able to do it again yourself (if ever needed) and you will feel very comfortable doing it.
Old 08-09-2007 | 12:35 PM
1997EclipseGST
Local DSM Noob

Man nick your a heck of a Dude, what time Sunday and if not I can see about getting off early Friday I work nights tho. So its up to you, I'm not sure if I can lip this thing 2 New Port News how far is that from Norfolk, I can make it from my house there no probs. Just keep some extra coolant and oil on hand just in case and baby this thing there. I'd rather do it there as well, but I'm not going to ruin your vacation bro, if you had or have prior plans and this head job is going to run into it then I'll just wait, that would be rude of me to ask you to do that heck not even knowing you and all. I'm located off of Laskin Rd in Va Beach by Caption Georges. Let me know what is going down bro, and as for the tips and tricks I'd appreciate it.
Old 08-09-2007 | 03:11 PM
Hybrid AWD
Your Local DSM Tech

Im up by Ft. Eustis, so I'm a decent amount away from norfolk, especially to limp a car. Uhaul is like $50 for 2hrs and I could come pick the car up if needed. No need to try and limp then make things worse if something were to happen ya know?

Depending on what time I get back from NC, I could get the car possibly saturday miday to evening and then have it ready for you the next day assuming it's not pouring the rain or anything. So pick up Saturday 18th - have ready Sunday 19th.
Old 08-09-2007 | 04:04 PM
1997EclipseGST
Local DSM Noob

Sounds good, we can shoot for that. I'm thinking about getting her put up at my apartment and not driving her anymore. She gets pretty hot and today I was idleing at a light with no A/C on and the check oil light came on. I pulled over and poped the dipstick and had her topped off with oil... Maybe the oil pump is going too. Man I wish I would of know DSM's go downhill pretty hard at 120K... I would of waiting on buying this one. I got a list of things to go out and try to get my hands on. I looked at that list and it was for a 1st Gen so I assumed it would only get the parts that didn't say 1st Gen next to it. I check out MachV and I can get everything for around $320. So let me tally up the damage $320(Tune-up Parts)+$195(Oil Pump)+$50(U-Haul)=$565.00 not including if I need your cylinder head.. Man another grand down the drain.. Anywho man that weekend sounds like a plan. If I'm forgetting anything else we can throw in there mind as well see if I can do it then than never. Would all that delay the time frame on getting her done by Sunday? and you still dont mind if I hang out and learn a few things here and there?
Old 08-09-2007 | 08:32 PM
1997EclipseGST
Local DSM Noob

Well nick thats all she wrote, took a friend home tonight and popped a check engine light.. At idle the oil light turns on she isn't going anywhere anytime soon bro. I'm thinking its because of low compression (blow head gasket I guess) but none the less just wanted to give you a heads up. So let me know what I need to pick up for this job so I can have it waiting for when you get back from your trip so we can do this! LOL Hit me up sometime at 214-601-4209. Until this gasket job gets done bro be safe and enjoy your trip.