Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Some pics from NASA Heat Wave @ VIR last weekend

Old 07-27-2011 | 09:15 AM
2ltrgsr
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr
Default Re: Some pics from NASA Heat Wave @ VIR last weekend

Originally Posted by Reloaded
No, that retarded ass driving position of yours where you set the seat all the way back then lean forward to steer would put you in too much danger on a race track.
Skinny jeans may cause this problem for him...
Old 07-27-2011 | 09:31 AM
rflynn1
Registered Member

rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1

@ Uzi: After getting some rides and seeing if it is for you plan out a budget. Make sure you can afford the car, upkeep, events, and transportation to and from
Old 07-27-2011 | 09:37 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by rflynn1
@ Uzi: After getting some rides and seeing if it is for you plan out a budget. Make sure you can afford the car, upkeep, events, and transportation to and from
Yep... many people build a car they can't afford to run when they realize consumables costs and all the other costs like fuel, transportation and lodging.

Which is why I instruct (free track time), do my best to win (free tires) and sleep at the track most of the time.
Old 07-27-2011 | 09:37 AM
rflynn1
Registered Member

rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1 rflynn1

Originally Posted by 2ltrgsr
Skinny jeans may cause this problem for him...
No way those were bought in the men's section.
Old 07-27-2011 | 11:51 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

that was nice.... the different exhaust tones on each car is awesome

I would love to do this..but buying a decent truck, trailer,car, and building it would just be too much for me to handle right now. maybe when my son is older and he can appreciate building a track car well do it.

and yea the faggot jeans are no good for racing.
Old 07-27-2011 | 12:07 PM
travisnd
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

Very cool Brian! Congrats on the win...+ reps for you when I can!
Old 07-27-2011 | 12:19 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
that was nice.... the different exhaust tones on each car is awesome

I would love to do this..but buying a decent truck, trailer,car, and building it would just be too much for me to handle right now. maybe when my son is older and he can appreciate building a track car well do it.

and yea the faggot jeans are no good for racing.
You can enjoy HPDEs w/o having a race car, truck, or trailer. All of us start by taking our street cars to the track.
Old 07-27-2011 | 12:23 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

haha. yea that wont be happening. I just painted this fucking thing. I barely want to drive it on the street let alone the track ha.

maybe Ill buy another honda so I can just beat the living crap out of it before going and getting invested into the sport bigtime.

and what does hpde stand for, something something day event ? and where do you find all the info for what you need and have to do for racing at the track on your own. Im assuing you have to have a certain amount of days with an instructor and such, Id like to know the steps to take.
Old 07-27-2011 | 12:30 PM
Tarzan Bakerada
Needs more poke.

Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada Tarzan Bakerada

Originally Posted by Uzi Crooklyn
ahhh gotcha. what would you recommend someone like me, obviously who has never raced anything do? i have honestly been contemplating selling the cabrio, and building a MKI GTI straight race car. maybe start out doing auto x ?
One of the smartest things you've ever said.

Id like to think it all started here:
Old 07-27-2011 | 01:01 PM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
haha. yea that wont be happening. I just painted this fucking thing. I barely want to drive it on the street let alone the track ha.

maybe Ill buy another honda so I can just beat the living crap out of it before going and getting invested into the sport bigtime.

and what does hpde stand for, something something day event ? and where do you find all the info for what you need and have to do for racing at the track on your own. Im assuing you have to have a certain amount of days with an instructor and such, Id like to know the steps to take.
HPDE = High Performance Driver's Education aka Track Day. Sign up for HPDE 1 at NASA's Oktoberfast event at VIR the 2nd weekend in October.

Bring a helmet and an open mind... Oh and if you're worried about your paint then clear plastic shelf liner from walmart and/or a whole bunch of blue 3M painter's tape can take care of that.

I'd offer to instruct you, but I'll be doing comp school that Friday and racing the weekend and you can't do real wheel to wheel racing and instruct. If you go you're welcome to paddock with me and then you won't have to bring any tools for the "just in case bull crap".

Some painters tape and a HPDE 1 weekend is a whole lot less $$$$ than buying a Honda that you'll need to prep to make sure it lasts through the weekend.

World's going to end next year... have fun now. I am. If it ends (or more realistically goes to shit)... well then I'll be able to say I did what I wanted to be doing this year and next year. If it doesn't... well I'll keep doing more of it

EDIT: I forgot to mention that NASA has something called a Hyperdrive. A Hyperdrive is basically paying a small fee (I think it's $50) for one classroom session and one on-track session. It's basically a single HDPE1 session vs. committing to an entire weekend. You can drive up enjoy the racing, do your Hyperdrive to see how you like it, and go home so you avoid the entire entry feel and any lodging costs.

Last edited by Cobra4B; 07-27-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: Some pics from NASA Heat Wave @ VIR last weekend