Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Rear Turbo Red Z28

Old 07-24-2005, 11:32 PM
Redglow360
AEDC Goat Herd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Redglow360 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rear Turbo Red Z28

stock boost on that system is like 10-11#s. The tune that comes with it is supposed to run rich and have heat issues (like all F/I), so if hes got headers, throttle body, exhaust, manifold, etc to lean out the tune and has the intercooler upgrade he could be doing well over 525 rwhp. I would say most with just the base system are making like 425-450. Im basing my numbers off the GTO numbers for the LS1. And yeah they are friggen ugly hanging off the exhaust, cant wait to hear about someone bottoming out or catching it on an incline.
Old 07-25-2005, 02:43 AM
K.Y. my Taco
Spackle It On

K.Y. my Taco K.Y. my Taco K.Y. my Taco K.Y. my Taco K.Y. my Taco K.Y. my Taco K.Y. my Taco K.Y. my Taco K.Y. my Taco

_Natchez_ ~ I meet this guy on Friday at the hobby shop here on base, he said he was boosting only 5lbs as of friday but had an appointment at millenium for a tune (maybe dyno tune), he stated that when he took it to DYNOTUNE it came out running worst than it went in. He siad the car ran a mid 13 @110mph. Car sounds good thought on acceleration.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:20 AM
nickyroo
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

all that dough for 420rwhp on an LS1...

a cam, lid, TB and some longtubes would probably get you close to that...
Old 07-25-2005, 05:28 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

we had one come through our dyno on friday. 5psi laid down numbers higher than stock but a/f's were in the 14-15 range under boost.

he said he was boosting only 5lbs as of friday but had an appointment at millenium for a tune (maybe dyno tune), he stated that when he took it to DYNOTUNE it came out running worst than it went in
there was nothing to tune with. no FPR, no piggy back. the customer said it was a rom tuned ecu.

Last edited by Greaser; 07-25-2005 at 05:30 AM.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:50 AM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by reuter
all that dough for 420rwhp on an LS1...

a cam, lid, TB and some longtubes would probably get you close to that...
Bingo. I can almost guarantee that I'm in the 110MPH trap range and all I have is a lid, and exhaust
Old 07-25-2005, 05:59 AM
Mongoose87
Slow ass car

Mongoose87 has disabled reputation

I just can't wait for someone to submerge one in water...
Old 08-02-2005, 09:28 PM
SI-Vs-5o
Turboed Civic Si

SI-Vs-5o has disabled reputation

I was there when the kit was getting put on...The set up sucks and is pretty low to the ground...It is quick not all that my grandfathers stock 04 Gt with exhaust and someother stuff ran right next to it....
Old 08-03-2005, 04:06 AM
ritz
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Originally Posted by SI-Vs-5o
I was there when the kit was getting put on...The set up sucks and is pretty low to the ground...It is quick not all that my grandfathers stock 04 Gt with exhaust and someother stuff ran right next to it....
I find it hard to be believe that a near stock GT ran with an LS1 that traps 110.
Old 08-03-2005, 04:52 AM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by SI-Vs-5o
I know who this is.. Just wait till he gets a retune, and run him from a roll for right now. And WTF happened to you callin me for the party And can I tape the next race between ya'll?

Originally Posted by ritz
I find it hard to be believe that a near stock GT ran with an LS1 that traps 110.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:15 PM
rollinna65
Registered Member

rollinna65 has disabled reputation

He runs around with me and my buddies sometimes and he's also on my ship. I've got a real bad memory but I'm pretty sure his name is Justin. He finally got the thing retuned so its putting down some decent numbers now (I think around 400rwhp with injectors maxed out). He had it tuned by DTP at first but they totally fucked it up and the car ran like shit. I raced him once on the highway coming back from Newport News and just walked away. Now that its running right I'd like to see the outcome.

Quick Reply: Rear Turbo Red Z28