Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

eheh.. beat a bike and a stang

Old 03-21-2003, 02:06 PM
Dublocivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dublocivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Woodrow
Unless you can run the 1/4 in 9's I still will put the Busa the winner. They are a beast from a roll. Especially the turbo Busa's which blow past 200 mph with ease.
exactly that is why I will put money on a race from a roll. The Honda will loose from a stop on street-able tires (dot approved).
But from a roll she is all top end.

Yea we should hang out again.. even know we really didnt do much last time it was still fun. The talon is so much more fun now...

Last edited by Dublocivic; 03-21-2003 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-21-2003, 02:32 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

umm, the Busa's weakness is from a stop! From a roll is the bikes greatest strength.
Old 03-21-2003, 03:11 PM
fatboyee
yea, i'm that guy

fatboyee has disabled reputation

im with k-dog on this one. the man knows his imports phil... and if he's got his money on the honda, i will admit it, but i'll have to put my money on the honda also (anonymously of course )
Old 03-21-2003, 07:02 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally posted by Woodrow
Unless you can run the 1/4 in 9's.
Umm...thats actually exactly what he was aiming for.....so...ahem...i still place my money on the Hatch from Hell.

-Kevin
Old 03-21-2003, 09:05 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Yes he may be fast, but a stock busa can easily run a 9.5 or faster. I have seen then average 9.0-8.7 in the 1/4. Like I said the Busa's strength is from a roll allowing that bike to get to 200mph(99 model) with ease. However, the bike does 0-100 in 5.4 seconds man. That is faster then the Lamborghini Diablo, and Porshce 911. This bike is not a low end and thats it bike. This bike will make your socks roll down your ankles.

He may be fast, but he can't take a busa with a good rider from a roll. I am not downing the guy. Just saying he may not have a chance to take that bike. I can only imagine what a modded Busa can do if the stock one can hit 200 mph, and make more hp then a stock honda civic.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:23 AM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Well this Civic will be far faster then any Lambo or Porsche as well to 100mph. Anyways, my money still stands on the Hatch in this match...sorry, not winning me over on this bike.

-Kevin
Old 03-23-2003, 08:19 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

You will when that bike can go from 100-200 in a matter of seconds.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:13 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

yea, what Woodrow said

I'll give you credit if you can hang with a stock busa from a roll, that's damn impressive.
..and if you can beat one from a roll with a street legal civic, you'll be the man
Old 03-24-2003, 05:28 AM
Dublocivic

Dublocivic is an unknown quantity at this point

Honestly I have never heard of any stock busa running low 9's in the 1/4 mabey 9.9's but 8's? I have seen them run 145mph or so but you cant launch a bike hard enough to get the 60ft down for low 9's-8's with traps around 145ish.
When I get this aggrevating pile of metal running we shall see. Anyone have a (stock) busa they would like to donate for the test?
Who knows.. if I loose no biggie but it sure would be a cool race.
Old 03-24-2003, 05:46 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Originally posted by Dublocivic
Honestly I have never heard of any stock busa running low 9's in the 1/4 mabey 9.9's but 8's? I have seen them run 145mph or so but you cant launch a bike hard enough to get the 60ft down for low 9's-8's with traps around 145ish.
When I get this aggrevating pile of metal running we shall see. Anyone have a (stock) busa they would like to donate for the test?
Who knows.. if I loose no biggie but it sure would be a cool race.
Yea, you're pretty much right for a stock busa. Here's a good link that quotes a bunch of 1/4 mi. and top speed runs from different mags: http://www.qsl.net/n5mya/testdata.html

I'm hoping to get a busa sometime this summer but there's no way I'm going to race it until I learn how to drive the thing, maybe next summer I think I've seen a few people on here with busas, might want to keep an eye out for one of them.

Quick Reply: eheh.. beat a bike and a stang