Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Illegal Exhaust?

Old 09-11-2005, 04:19 PM
69vette
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette
Default Re: Illegal Exhaust?

he got a ticket b/c as you say he dropped a gear when he went by the cop...thats just stupid. I've driven around plenty of cars with strait pipes or cut outs open and not gotten tickets...you have to be smart about it and not do stupid shit going by a cop
Old 09-11-2005, 04:37 PM
Tainty_McFshStx
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Your friend = idiot
Illegal fart can + ricer flyby on cop = ticket
Idiot+ticket= smart cop

full Apex'i N1 catback.....thats your problem...they make a silencer for it.

I got a ticket for mine and i wised up and bought a silencer. The N1 is stupid loud. You can ask most of the people on this board, before my silencer was on it. You could hear me a mile up the road.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:00 PM
sohc_mshue
Registered Member

sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue sohc_mshue

Turbo will quiet that exhaust up
Old 09-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Tainty_McFshStx
<========8 ROBBCOCKS

Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx Tainty_McFshStx

Don't rub it in....I was planning on it this past summer.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:10 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by jjkamikaze
all cops suck and should die. period.
Ingorant.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:11 PM
Whtehnda93DXSdn
It has 4 Doors...

Whtehnda93DXSdn is an unknown quantity at this point

get the silencer for the N1 and that will help out, but best thing for him to do is to just bite the bullet and pay the fine..

he will waste his time in court..as the code for Improper exhaust states it should be the same or no more then the stock DB,decibel, for the vehicle..or something like that.
It just puzzles me though that domestic rides and harleys never have to worry about being pulled for exhaust...go figure
Old 09-11-2005, 05:30 PM
1hgej1
The Dude abides

1hgej1 is on a distinguished road

Yeah dude, that puzzles me too. One of my friends has magnaflow high flow cats, no mufflers and 2.5" piping on his caprice and it gives me a headache its so loud, but he never gets pulled. When I had my civic I got pulled twice for improper exhaust and it wasnt even loud..
Old 09-11-2005, 05:38 PM
ClassicJDMCars
Registered Member

ClassicJDMCars has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Matt64246
OK, Me and my freind are going down Rt.1 towards O'Charleys. Well there is a stop light ahead and it just turned green. There happen 2 be a state trooper sitting at the light, and for some random reason my freind decides to drop in 3rd gear and goes by the trooper, i say he was going around 45mph. He gets behind us and pulls us over in the parking lot infront on Dicks Sporting goods. He tells my friend that his exhaust is illegal. He has an 00' Integra, nothing special but an intake and a full Apex'i N1 catback i had put on about 3 weeks ago. Well he continues to give him a ticket for an improper exhaust, while continuing to say that they were made for race use only and werent allowed for street use............. if thats so, why arent more people being pulled like 5.0s, T/a's, Z-28 running no cats, or off-road Xs/Hs. He dosent know whether to pay the 30 bucks or fight it in court? Has anyone else ran into this problem?

I can't believe people wtill whine about this. YOUR ignorance of the law isn't an excuse. They don't pull domestics because they don't have huge mufflers that are OBVIOUSLY modified. chill out, pay the ticket move on... OR put the stock exhaust on the car take a pic bring it to court, the ticket gets dropped... either way MOVE ON.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:42 PM
69vette
Registered Member

69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette 69vette

Originally Posted by Chris4130
I can't believe people wtill whine about this. YOUR ignorance of the law isn't an excuse. They don't pull domestics because they don't have huge mufflers that are OBVIOUSLY modified. chill out, pay the ticket move on... OR put the stock exhaust on the car take a pic bring it to court, the ticket gets dropped... either way MOVE ON.
exactly and oviously a v8 is a different sound than a strait exhaust 4 cyl. People with v8 trans ams and camaros and mustangs still get tickets. Most of them don't act stupid in front of a cop though and don't whine when they get ticket for exhaust.
Old 09-11-2005, 05:54 PM
Matt64246
Shift_N/a

Matt64246 has disabled reputation

I agree with all of you, Its still a mystery to me why he decides to put it in 3rd while passing a State trooper. I mean like what most of you have said, I dont think he would have got pulled if he had just stayed in 5th and cruised by him normally.

Quick Reply: Illegal Exhaust?