Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

any car clubs?

Old 11-15-2005, 12:43 PM
WhiteEF
Matt in Southside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WhiteEF has disabled reputation
Default Re: any car clubs?

i have thought about swaping, but i have had really fast cars before, and i cant be well behaved enough to have a car with that type of power to weight ratio. the corrado was bad enough. i found myself running from smokies just to see if i could get a way....dumb on my part, but i have no self control when it comes to high speeds. same reason i stopped riding motorcycles.

i figure the d15 will be fun to drive, but not fast enough to get me in trouble.

oh yeah, is this JR? as in JR who sold ricky(mr chainsaw) his rabbit?
yeah rick is my roomate. anyway, glad to see i am not the only one who thinks dubs are a pain in the ass.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:45 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by WhiteEF
now now, everyone be nice.

sorry if i am not up to date on the newest trends.
i guess this means that jdm parts are much easier to find now?
folks speak as if there is a better alternative...if not jdm, then what? lambo doors and 10,000.00 dollars of audio equipment?
sign me up!

sorry, i have been up to my ears in VW's the past few years. I used to have a sleeper rabbit pickup, and a corrado g60 turbo conversion(along with a bunch more vw's). so i guess i am old school.

hondas are new to me. so sorry if i come off sounding greener than grass.
jdm can mean many things....but its pretty played out
You will see alot of hondas in the eye candy section that are done up in the "so called jdm style"
I suppose the popular thing in the import world is 240's and drifting.
Then you will here the term VIP thrown around here loosely in central. Most people on here have no clue what it means and "certain people" think thats what I am into. Which is far from the truth.
But anyways welcome and I think the drama in here easily will surpasse your Vdub forums.
Old 11-15-2005, 12:49 PM
jar
It's like that

jar is on a distinguished road

dubs are cool, if you have a big pocket. I still greatly prefer euro styling, and their overall fit and finish, but they're not an option when you want something reliable, fun, and inexpensive to mod.

hondas = ballin on a budget, can be real fast for real cheap. I found out the hard way after owning two VW's that if you want something fun/lightweight/inexpensive to mod, you need something Japanese.

Yes, I am JR. Everyone calls me jar though . Ricky and I have been friends for a while. I'm glad someone gave that rabbit what it deserves (torn apart, sent to the crusher).

If you're every interested in getting together, a ton of Honda guys are normally hanging out over at Chris' garage (SPNAMNT on here) working on something or other. Once you get into the local scene, you'll never get out, there are always a ton of used parts for sale locally, and a ton of knowledgable people willing to lend a hand/advice. Unlike rdubs where everyone fights over which set of 19's to get, and whether or not autocrossing is going to ruin their warranty.
Old 11-15-2005, 01:09 PM
WhiteEF
Matt in Southside

WhiteEF has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by jar
Unlike rdubs where everyone fights over which set of 19's to get, and whether or not autocrossing is going to ruin their warranty.
yeah, kinda gets old and moldy. and yes tunning these cars is cheap. also i can mod this hatch and still daily drive it.

i also got tired of all the whining about new cars. if you dont want to be at the dealer every month, then why the fuck did you buy an r32?

not that the grass will be greener here, but i do need some guidance, being that i have never messed with hondas before.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:55 PM
Brian T
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by jar
I think you're the 2nd person from rdubs to convert to Honda's. Me being the first

Do yourself a favor though, don't waste time with a D15. Put a nice B series swap in there, you won't be disappointed.
Bahahaha, when I saw you up at SATS I was thinking you look more like a rdubber than a Honda kid.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:56 PM
jar
It's like that

Originally Posted by Brian T
Bahahaha, when I saw you up at SATS I was thinking you look more like a rdubber than a Honda kid.
I didn't even get a hello

I guess thats what I get for being a euro reject driving some yellow import!

Last edited by jar; 11-15-2005 at 05:59 PM.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:59 PM
Brian T
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by jar

Sowy. It's probably just because you remind me of Ricky Rockstar and he's like the VW token boy. It scared me.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:00 PM
jentegraGS-R
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by jar

i saw your car there and it looked very nice
Old 11-15-2005, 06:03 PM
jar
It's like that

Originally Posted by Brian T
Sowy. It's probably just because you remind me of Ricky Rockstar and he's like the VW token boy. It scared me.
Ricky and I are friends lol, he was the one who really got me into wanting to build a cool VW. Soon afterwards I sold him my VW Rabbit "project."

Next time say something, I like trying to put faces with names!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:04 PM
jar
It's like that

Originally Posted by jentegraGS-R
i saw your car there and it looked very nice
Thanks very much. Could you PM me some info on your HID setup? I'm thinking about throwing some in mine, and yours looked nice. Also - if possible, I'd like to try to see the beam pattern from inside the car sometime.

Quick Reply: any car clubs?