Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

96 civic turbo

Old 12-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Hatch Man(GsR)
I drive a coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)
Default Re: 96 civic turbo

Originally Posted by Hatch Man(GsR)
I know hondas had an IAT sensor on the IM with OBD1. I guess they changed that over when they converted to OBD2 so I assumed it was a MAFS because it looked odd sticking out of the intake tube and I wasnt sure what purpose it served. I am assuming that there is no IAT on the y8 IM. If that is the case then I will definately need to make a hole in my piping for the sensor... That sucks...
Originally Posted by Carter
oh man.

let's try this one more time:

your car is not mass air. you will not need to dremel anything on your charge pipes for any sensors. the only thing on your charge pipes would be a blow off valve.
I already know it is not a mass air flow sensor, and I will need to make a hole because I cant really go without the IAT and it is not located in the Intake Manifold in OBD2 models...

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
i dont think you have researched enough to be "boosting" anything
I could research my entire life but my car would never be turbo. I dont need to research anything anyway I know what Im doing. I was just unsure of what to do with this sensor because I am used to dealing with obd0 and obd-1 civics. This is my first obd2...
Old 12-15-2005, 02:03 PM
S dot Camp
Asshole Supreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: 96 civic turbo

Originally Posted by slowb20civic

hondas use map sensors, manifold-air-pressure
It's actually manifold absolute pressure.