Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Where to buy new?

Old 01-11-2006, 05:31 AM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Where to buy new?

And to answer your original question, if you decide you do want to buy new, Honda of Norfolk is the only stealership in VA I have ever been to and left not wanting to kill anyone. Personally, I would look on ebay and cycletrader.com and see what the best price you can find on a new one is and call them up and make arrangements to make a weekend out of it and go pick it up.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:21 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Point made. Will do.

You're definitely right about aftermarket parts. I'm not one to leave anything stock--and that would be a horrific waste of money to buy new, and mod. Very expensive.

Guess I'll just take my time and pick out the perfect lightly used, modded bike.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:36 AM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Not trying to be nosey or sound like a dick, but weren't you just desperate to sell your bike like a month ago? I think its great your wanting another one but like mnch said I'd be realy hesitant about buying new, 99% of people won't keep a brand new bike long enough to make it worth it being new to them. I bought my current bike brand new but ONLY because I work at the dealership and even then it was a hard choice. My 2003 1000 I picked up in 2003 with 120 miles on it, for like $2,500 below retail, if I was buying "new" I'd look for a deal like that, tons of people buy a brand new bike, ride it three nice sundays in a season and then lose interest or can't afford it and sell it cheap, I'd let them take the depretiation unless you can absolutely gaurentee yourself your going to buy it new and keep it until it dies.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:41 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
Not trying to be nosey or sound like a dick, but weren't you just desperate to sell your bike like a month ago? I think its great your wanting another one but like mnch said I'd be realy hesitant about buying new, 99% of people won't keep a brand new bike long enough to make it worth it being new to them. I bought my current bike brand new but ONLY because I work at the dealership and even then it was a hard choice. My 2003 1000 I picked up in 2003 with 120 miles on it, for like $2,500 below retail, if I was buying "new" I'd look for a deal like that, tons of people buy a brand new bike, ride it three nice sundays in a season and then lose interest or can't afford it and sell it cheap, I'd let them take the depretiation unless you can absolutely gaurentee yourself your going to buy it new and keep it until it dies.
As silly as it sounds, my attorney suggested I sell that bike so that when the time comes, I can go into court and tell them I learned my lesson and that I got carried away, learned my lesson, and even sold the motorcycle... and that's the truth at this point, but that doesn't mean I'm ready to stop riding.

I was selling it for two primary reasons: The situation I got myself into with the ticket and court, and to pay two separate attorneys without forking out so much out of pocket.

I know that was stupid. All of it. I regret selling it... At the time, I was desperate to sell. I lost a bunch of money.. and now, unfortunately, I'm ready to hop back on another one. I'll probably go with something used and let someone else pay for the mods and the depreciation.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:59 AM
HORNY4ZORNY
takin it all

HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY HORNY4ZORNY

ROAD TRIP