Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Tell me your wreck stories

Old 01-28-2006, 06:43 PM
sleepy13
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13 sleepy13
Default Re: Tell me your wreck stories

I laid mine down the 2nd day I had it doin about 55. I broke my right wrist, 2 fingers, road rash from my palm to my elbow, road rash on my right shoulder, stressed tendons in my right shoulder, took the skin completely off my right kneecap all the way down to the bone about 2 1/2 by 3 1/2", road rash from my kneecap 14" up my thigh, chipped ankle bone, brusied hip. The bike had $2600 worth of damage to it. Wrecking sucks, but worrying about wrecking when you ride is the worst thing you can do. Just have fun and be careful.
Old 01-28-2006, 07:53 PM
tiki240
Cock of the Infinite

tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240 tiki240

being a dumbass trying to do a burnout on my 750 i didnt ease out the clutch i just popped it bike jumped and lowsided, all at about less than 2 mph. no damage to me or the bike. just embarrassing, but that was the whole point of stunting or learning to on a closed road with some experienced friends.
Old 01-29-2006, 01:57 PM
_____
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Ive ridden with people and seen them go down but I, myself, have never laid a bike down yet.
Old 01-29-2006, 02:10 PM
zx12guy
Registered Member

zx12guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tiki240
being a dumbass trying to do a burnout on my 750 i didnt ease out the clutch i just popped it bike jumped and lowsided, all at about less than 2 mph. no damage to me or the bike. just embarrassing, but that was the whole point of stunting or learning to on a closed road with some experienced friends.

I'm guessing you were sitting on the bike? If you stand that'll never happen.
Old 01-29-2006, 09:32 PM
xshanex
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

I've seen enough in front of me to not like riding in large groups unless I know the people well.

my wreck was on I64 heading towards Va Beach. I was on the Hampton side and went into the tunnel in moderate traffic. The person in front of me was going slow so I used a little front brake to scrub off about 10 mph to go from 45 or so down to 35mph. Front tire hit a metal access plate or just some oil and I lost the front and went sliding and rolling. Had enough time to look behind me while I was sliding to make sure that I wasn't going to be hit from behind. I was wearing a mesh jacket and textile pants....both wore through and I got rashed up a little. Also slid on my helmet a little. Got up...picked my bike up and rode out of the tunnel. Got down to the beach and had blood running down my leg but was ok. Road rash on my knee was pretty much down to the bone and took about 3 weeks before it was all healed up. Would have been a little worse if I hadn't had the textile pants on. There was nothing realistically I could have done to not wreck so it was one of the few occasions where it was road conditions that caused me to wreck.
Old 01-29-2006, 10:31 PM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
Warming up a brand new tire makes no difference ....................you'd be better off taking sandpaper to it.
he has been riding for more than 20 years, taken numerous schools, driven in more than a dozen countries. He's taken his bikes (plural) to the Nuremburg Ring, Hockenheim, Elkhart Lake to name a few. And I have NEVER seen him take sand paper to his tires. The ride from where his tire shredded to our house was about 5 km. he was getting a little shakey on the on ramp but he couldn't believe it when he low sided coming into the house.
Old 01-30-2006, 02:40 AM
CarsRFun
Im here for the beer

CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun CarsRFun

Never had one.. i dont drive like a dip shit..

end of story.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:20 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by CarsRFun
Never had one.. i dont drive like a dip shit..

end of story.

heh.. because its yourself you only need to worry about..

i have some friends that have the "i dont ride like a jackass, so i WONT wreck.." outlook, but its people with that attitude that will eat shit.. hate to say it, but some dumb bitch will cut you off and youll get fucked up eventually, just dont be so cocky about your luck.

my "dip shit" story was...

about a month after i got my bike i was riding down the street to get gas. my friend was about to go through a green light and i didnt want to get left behind. i looked down for a split second after i gunned it and saw 70mph, when i did that i caught a brake light out of the corner of my eye. thinking i was going to rear end my friend, i grabbed way too much front brake (had only been riding for a month), and locked up the front tire. kinda crazy, but didnt break anything. just road rash and to this day, i still have a weak right shoulder... road rash sucks, i was only wearing a t-shirt and some pants.
Old 01-30-2006, 09:38 AM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by crxnfx
he has been riding for more than 20 years, taken numerous schools, driven in more than a dozen countries. He's taken his bikes (plural) to the Nuremburg Ring, Hockenheim, Elkhart Lake to name a few. And I have NEVER seen him take sand paper to his tires. The ride from where his tire shredded to our house was about 5 km. he was getting a little shakey on the on ramp but he couldn't believe it when he low sided coming into the house.

And you got all pissed off over nothing and completely missed my point........

New tires slipping have NOTHING to do with getting warmed up.

When tires are new they have this coating on them that makes them slippery as hell. Any shop will tell you to take it easy on new tires for about the first 100 miles or so, to give that shit some time to get eaten off the tires.

I put on new shoes every race weekend; and no matter how much time the warmers stay on them they will be slippery for the first few laps. That's what we call "scrubbing" new tires in.

I was jokingly saying that he could have taken sandpaper to them and would have done a hell of allot more for the tires than trying to warm them up.

Any other questions?
Old 01-30-2006, 04:23 PM
Ick
Lemme track yo bike

Ick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
When tires are new they have this coating on them that makes them slippery as hell. Any shop will tell you to take it easy on new tires for about the first 100 miles or so, to give that shit some time to get eaten off the tires.

I put on new shoes every race weekend; and no matter how much time the warmers stay on them they will be slippery for the first few laps. That's what we call "scrubbing" new tires in.
I thought it'd be more than 100 miles...but I'm pretty new to bikes so I'll take your word.
Im assuming that your track tires/slicks have less of a coating from the molding machine or whatever the factory uses? Or are your first couple of laps at the track ridden pretty 'hard' to get rid of the coat?

Quick Reply: Tell me your wreck stories