Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

motor bad :(

Old 08-12-2006, 02:42 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: motor bad :(

Originally Posted by sk8rmike
Get a new block, not worth the money to fix that one when you can get another for so cheap.

Oh yeah, and this is the Honda game. Get used to people lying to your faces about shit all the time. I had found like 5 or 6 straight people the entire time I was into modding cars. If you don't know how to tell if a part is bad, don't buy it.
Old motor is out, Different motor is in. It's such a breeze now without all the rusted and seized bolts!
Old 08-12-2006, 03:37 PM
jaredvabeach
Banned

jaredvabeach is an unknown quantity at this point

my fault i have only been into cars for a month and i didnt think it was bad the dude wanted my friend to put it in his car,so he ahd no idea it was bad,when we took of the head the oil limiter screw was out 'so obviously it had a vtec head on it and was just banged on'
Old 08-12-2006, 04:28 PM
DOHC crx VTEC
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jaredvabeach
my fault i have only been into cars for a month and i didnt think it was bad the dude wanted my friend to put it in his car,so he ahd no idea it was bad,when we took of the head the oil limiter screw was out 'so obviously it had a vtec head on it and was just banged on'

Oil jet* The Motor had signs of it being bad once we took the head apart and someone had a vtec head on it before or something. ITs definaltely been taken apart before Jared and I.