Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Does anyone know a good place to Install JDM Front???

Old 11-15-2006, 10:18 AM
JayDM
All-Motor Street Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond reputeJayDM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Does anyone know a good place to Install JDM Front???

Yeah, this really isn't hard to do. The hardest part of the job is drilling out all those fuggin' rivets!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 01:25 PM
6spdeg
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by hwsurnk
Thats alot coming from someone who used to rep brauning to the fullest!!!
LOL!!!!
When you work there thats' what is expected of you.
When you dont... truth comes out.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:30 PM
B16ASilverHonda
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

Hi Jeremy Law, heard alot about you
Old 11-15-2006, 01:32 PM
phantasticphan

phantasticphan has disabled reputation

hey thanks everyone for the feedback, i was just wondering whats the price range for install? i've heard $375
Old 11-15-2006, 01:47 PM
6spdeg
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by B16ASilverHonda
bahahahhaa
Old 11-15-2006, 01:58 PM
ILLEGAL
Double Agent HT

ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL ILLEGAL

Old 11-15-2006, 04:47 PM
TONYANJAII

TONYANJAII TONYANJAII TONYANJAII

The JDM Front End conversion is not an easy task to do. I'm sure alot of people mind of a half-ass job done. Keep in mind that the JDM front end conversion for the DC2 requires removal of the Radiator Support, in this case, which is a pain in the ass to do, and requires some welding of the Japanese Radiator Support. My friend and I have done a couple of JDM conversions a few years ago and it's definitely an all day project.

Front Bumper, pair of JDM headlights, Radiator Support, Bumper Support, pair of Fenders with sidemarkers is all you need. The wiring part is not difficult at all, but can be annoying to do. My reconmendation is to get all your parts painted and matched to your existing car color. You could do the radiator support removal/install yourself with a couple of friends, or it could cost a pretty penny for that kind of work since it insolves drilling out and welding.
Old 11-16-2006, 08:04 PM
LivinDreamsDC2
Team Livin Dreams

LivinDreamsDC2 has disabled reputation

Thanks for the comments for the ones that brought my name up, and yeah I'm down at Brauning Motorsports now. With the jdm front end it can be easy at the same time become a nightmare depending on the condition of the car and the front end that your about to install. if you take your time and make sure your radiator support is aline and etc, then your good to go.

Make sure if you going to attempt to do this front end, go out and get your self a measuring stick for frame work- what it does is helps you make sure the distance from one point to the other is the same and the height is the same and etc. there is a lot more to it but thats where every one usually mess up on and will cause your hood, head lights, fenders, grill, bumper and etc to have nasty gaps here and there. Also make it look like it was stock!

as for
If your gonna drive all the way down to colonial beach look into Gautier's Auto Body they are located in King Goerge, VA. I have personally seen some work from that shop and it is amazing work, havent heard one complaint from them. I personally know the painter as well, good guy and badass painter.

Quote:

Hi Jeremy Law, heard alot about you.
B16ASilverHonda girls integra once is done is going to be hot, I still remember when Dan first as me to help him with the front end conversion the front end was hit hard a couple of times with major frame damge(he had borught as a project car for his girl) I was still able to fix it and the same time and have every thing aline great(to bad he didn't have me finish up the rest). but it kinda hard to believe how some one at the time say they appreciate how much help I was to them can say was was stated above.I mean you can always bring it to any body shop or etc to get it done, but I mean do they know what hood latch cable is used(the usdm dc2 cable it too short), how much to trim to fit the head lights in place, wiring(jdm side markers-stay on or only blink-head light fog light and wiring up the stock switch-and so on, to get misc. parts and hardware so that its org, whats also works and what doesn't. but awell what up Dan

Originally Posted by 6spdeg
LOL!!!!
When you work there thats' what is expected of you.
When you dont... truth comes out.
?
all I know about working here as the same with all the other shops, motosports shops(Vertex,Aup,etc), body shops and etc, was to give the best quality of work(most of the time its not even work to me because I enjoy working on cars). but I know every body has different opinions. Jude me and my work how ever you like.

but back to the subject:
One of the many jdm itr front ends was Brent from Hiponotik Speed

http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1799235 for more pics

too bad I don't got any old pics of my dc2 online
-Alex

Last edited by LivinDreamsDC2; 11-16-2006 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 10:16 PM
lYellowDragonl
Registered Member

lYellowDragonl has disabled reputation

if you want it done right the first time id go with alex. he did my motor swap and even took the time to put in missing bolts that the other places failed to put in
Old 11-17-2006, 07:31 AM
B16ASilverHonda
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by LivinDreamsDC2

B16ASilverHonda girls integra once is done is going to be hot, I still remember when Dan first as me to help him with the front end conversion the front end was hit hard a couple of times with major frame damge(he had borught as a project car for his girl) I was still able to fix it and the same time and have every thing aline great(to bad he didn't have me finish up the rest). but it kinda hard to believe how some one at the time say they appreciate how much help I was to them can say was was stated above.I mean you can always bring it to any body shop or etc to get it done, but I mean do they know what hood latch cable is used(the usdm dc2 cable it too short), how much to trim to fit the head lights in place, wiring(jdm side markers-stay on or only blink-head light fog light and wiring up the stock switch-and so on, to get misc. parts and hardware so that its org, whats also works and what doesn't. but awell what up Dan

Nah nothing against you alex, I was just simply reccomending another place that I know does superb work, if he wants to bring it down to brauning and have you do the front end swap, so be it, I know you take pride in your quality work, weather its coming from a shop or your personal garage. I do thank you for all the help and advice you gave me on my car and my girls car at brauning.

Last edited by B16ASilverHonda; 11-17-2006 at 07:33 AM.

Quick Reply: Does anyone know a good place to Install JDM Front???