Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Scooters and mopeds

Old 11-20-2006, 05:55 PM
nickyroo
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation
Default Re: Scooters and mopeds

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
my friend some how got hooked up with this auction guy up in Philly that just buys scooters and dirt bikes, he had like 60 scooters so they went up with a trailer and bought like 15 of them, almost none of them ran but most just needed some fresh gas, carb clean, or an ignition switch since alot were theft recoveries. they sold all the chinese knock off things but we all kept the zumas for ourselves to ride.

for me its perfect for going to school, its either like $500 a year for a parking pass or you have to set aside 45 extra minutes to find parking, with the scooter i can just zip in and out of stopped traffic and basically park right up against my class room

i think it stock form the zuma doesn't require a license, anything under 50cc and 35mph doesn't require a license, insurance, registration, or plates. but these are unrestricted so they do about 50mph so technically its just like a motorcycle, but no one knows the law or the difference it seems, we've all gotten stoped countless times for doing stuff that would get you put in jal on a motorcycle and the cops pretty much just laugh at us and ask us how old we are, never ask for a license or inquire about the scooter's legality

the zuma is about the same thing as a ruckus, only the ruckus is a 4 stroke, the zuma is a two stroke, so given that they are both 50cc the zuma is going to be alot faster and lighter... zumas are great, about $1,500 for a good one and very upgradable, aprilias are bad ass but expensive, hondas are good but their 50's are for parking lots, not streets, the elite 80 is good and can be picked up for under a grand, any year is fine because they haven't changed in 20 years... also some of the chinese scooters are pretty nice, but its hard to tell whats good and whats crap with them
Nice thanks for the info
Old 11-20-2006, 07:17 PM
YeloBlitzEclips
Rice -4- Life

YeloBlitzEclips is on a distinguished road

haha yea i bet pocket bikes are a real blast too

theres a local moped gang in richmond whose moto is live fast, ride slow, i love it
yea i think i honestly had more fun on my pocket bike than when i used to have my vtr.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:12 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

a modded honda elite 50 will do over 50mph. when i worked at a dealer, we used to drill out the exhaust restrictor and up the main jet, and bam instant 50mph. honda actually makes (or did anyway, might be different now) 2 different 50's. they look exactly the same, but one is "pre-modded", and will do 50+mph. supposed to have a lisence for those ones.

lol, i had a friend of mine that was a meter maid at the beach, and i modded his scooter on the side of the road one night, he almost flipped it a few times doing wheelies.

if i could find a decent deal on one, i'd probably ride a scooter too.

oh, and btw, if your lisence gets suspended "technically" you're not legal to ride a scooter or a moped either. i found that out the hard way.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

lol, and go dig around on youtube, there's all sorts of scooter stunt videos!!
Old 11-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
a modded honda elite 50 will do over 50mph. when i worked at a dealer, we used to drill out the exhaust restrictor and up the main jet, and bam instant 50mph. honda actually makes (or did anyway, might be different now) 2 different 50's. they look exactly the same, but one is "pre-modded", and will do 50+mph. supposed to have a lisence for those ones.
my bad i mean all the current honda 50's, the 4-strokes are so weak... but the old SR50 was bad ass thats probably what you modded if it would do 50, i almost got one but that particular bike turned out to be a piece of junk... did it look like this?
Old 11-22-2006, 06:02 AM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

my bad i mean all the current honda 50's, the 4-strokes are so weak... but the old SR50 was bad ass thats probably what you modded if it would do 50, i almost got one but that particular bike turned out to be a piece of junk... did it look like this?

yup.

i forgot honda has all the crap scooters they do now (the 4 strokes). it's been quite a few years since i worked at that dealer.