Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

[703] HI-FLO Custom Exhaust

Old 01-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Bubba
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bubba has disabled reputation
Default Re: [703] HI-FLO Custom Exhaust

Originally Posted by chucky22
exhaust is so much different then and equal length manifold my friend

No shit sherlock. But he did all the custom bends and welding. Scott is a stand up guy and stands behind his work. so maybe this kid wanted something all nice and pretty and chrome looking. I am sure what ever Scoot built for this kid was great work and a awsome product.

Originally Posted by cbeezer1
I am glad you noticed that. I haven’t forgot about my post or the replies. My main computer is down which has the image on it (I only have 1, done with my phone). I am going to try and get the image off the drive before Sunday (leaving for Seattle, WA). Also note that the person who was doing the work was his right hand man (don't remember name), but Scott allowed it to happen.

If you need a muffler put on, H pipe or anything simple... then he's your man. Just don't ask for something major.

On another side note, I now have someone who can do what I want. The company is High Purity Systems (HPS), they typically don't work on cars. Anyway, when the manifold is complete I will post pictures. This manifold will be exactly what I asked for, nothing different...

I have seen more than a few cars Scott and his boy have built I am sure by far it is nicer than anything you will ever build. I for one know I have probably been building and working on cars longer than you have been driving. So where are these pics you promised?
Old 01-19-2009, 05:11 PM
chucky22
Registered Member

chucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to behold

Whatever dude...point is next time take your car to someone who has good rep of there fab work not some person whos only good with mustangs and exhaust work. I heard that dude has shitty welds and i saw them.

Last edited by chucky22; 01-19-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Bubba
Registered Member

And what makes you the fabrication guru?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:33 AM
chucky22
Registered Member

chucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to beholdchucky22 is a splendid one to behold

I know what nice welds are suppose to look like "Bubba" or atleast decent ones. Im not saying I weld the best but if your going to dedicate your job to basically welding come on man. IM sorry hes your friend and all but its a vendor review sometimes you get good ones and sometimes there bad
Old 01-22-2009, 11:50 AM
eghondafamily
Registered Member

eghondafamily has disabled reputation

i went to scott and he did a real nice job welding my downpipe to my stock exhaust and have had no problems and ive been driving my car daily and its boosted. scott does good work if you ask me
Old 01-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Bubba
Registered Member

Originally Posted by chucky22
I know what nice welds are suppose to look like "Bubba" or atleast decent ones. Im not saying I weld the best but if your going to dedicate your job to basically welding come on man. IM sorry hes your friend and all but its a vendor review sometimes you get good ones and sometimes there bad

Yes sometimes you get good ones and bad ones. I just know most of the work I have seen come from Scott is good. He as allways done excellent work for me. He is also getting ready to do me a custom down pipe and exhaust on my new project. He also did my Jetta that I have plenty of 1st place trophies to show for how nice it was done. I haven't seen this manifold he made and this guy has yet to show pics so who really knows what this thing looks like.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:46 PM
ricin4ever
Registered member

ricin4ever has disabled reputation

if he wasnt good he wouldnt be in business ! he did my exhaust and it is great welds are good but not pretty but as long as they penetrate and hold then its good! who cares when its under the car lol bump!
Old 01-22-2009, 12:53 PM
Bubba
Registered Member

Oh yeah not to mention if he does such bad work why do guys with 100K benz's go to him.
Old 01-23-2009, 09:31 AM
eghondafamily
Registered Member

eghondafamily has disabled reputation

yea dont let that guy fool you, i talked to scott 2day and he told me that guy kept changin his mind and didnt know what he wanted to do, so that doesnt seem like scotts fault its the guy b/c he couldnt make up his mind
Old 11-29-2012, 07:44 PM
mtcrsx28
Registered Member

mtcrsx28 has disabled reputation

i saw this thread and i really dont like to start issues with anyone, but i really cant help myself on this one. anyway i took my rsx to hi flow to get a custom test pipe made to improve my exhaust fitment. i get there and he tells me a custom mid pipe would be better option ( i think he just chose this becasue he didnt feel like making a test pipe angled the way i needed it) anyway he hacks up my apexi mid pipe and rewelds the flanges onto a poorly bent mid pipe. this guy hacks up a 350 mid pipe becasue he dosent feel like giving me new flangessss???? what kind of an exhaust shop is that? talk about a short cut! anyway i figured all this out at home when i jacked up the car and looked at what he did. so i called him back and i brought the car back he has the car for a whole week ( which i dont really mind i understand shit happends but i expect to have good work for the wait). so i go pick up my car about 30 second after leaving the parking lot the midpipe starts rattling agaisnt the bottom of the car. i took the car to the merchants where i work and had a look to see what he had done this time my apexi flanges were still there lol, his welds were leaking ALL over the place some of them looked ok but others reminded me a bat shit, and the midpipe was almost touching the frame, and to top it off at one of the three bolt flanges he forgot to tigten the top nut it was at the end of the bolt wait to fall off!

here is a pic of his first attempt... i was to digusted after the second time to even think about taking a picture

Last edited by mtcrsx28; 11-29-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Quick Reply: [703] HI-FLO Custom Exhaust