Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Pictures from my first track day.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:18 PM
ClutchCivEK07
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ClutchCivEK07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pictures from my first track day.

nice bike bro
Old 03-20-2007, 12:29 PM
Alwayslast
Registered Member

Alwayslast is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JaysDM
credit says Summit Point Main

should say VIR North instead
Old 03-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Alwayslast
Registered Member

Originally Posted by onepointone
http://www.brianwink.com/public/VIRSB76.mov

right click and save as. the guy hosting it requested we not kill his bandwidth.

im in front the whole time. keep in mind that in the beginner group there is only passing in the straights... nothing in the turns. there are lots of times i wanted to come up the inside of someone and easily could of, just didnt because it wasnt allowed.

edit: the camera bike is a '06 gsxr 1000 race bike on slicks with a fast mother fucker behind it. he was a cool ass guy and i learned a lot from him. he was pretty damn helpfull.
very nice
Old 03-20-2007, 02:17 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

can't really find anything to fault in your form or the lines you were taking in the video, very impressive, especially for a first timer... that actually looked like a decent pace for the beginner group, sometimes from the speeds you wonder if those people are learning how to ride at speed on a track or just plain learning how to ride, they were obviously holding you up but that didn't look too bad as far as the people you were behind sometimes
Old 03-23-2007, 10:35 AM
seanazzy
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow...amazing and almost a little intimidating. My first track day is april 7th at summit point just the jefferson 1.1mile w/ nesba also. can't believe you'd never been on a track. so, you said they bumped you up to intermediate...did you have everything already safety wired then? they say you don't have to for beginner but it's recommended
Old 03-23-2007, 10:43 AM
Runnin13s
Registered Member

Runnin13s is on a distinguished road

so how do i go about getting started... or just enjoying a trackday? do i need race fairings? any special mods/ safety precautions? im guessing i will need full leathers?
Old 03-23-2007, 10:49 AM
seanazzy
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Runnin13s
so how do i go about getting started... or just enjoying a trackday? do i need race fairings? any special mods/ safety precautions? im guessing i will need full leathers?
it depends on which organization you do track days with. nesba seems like it's probably the most popular and probably structured, but i'm sure there are millions out there. you can even do an intro course w/ nesba which is i believe 1 or 2 twenty minute sessions w/ the beginner class and only wear leather jacket, 2 pair of jeans, helmet, gloves, boots and nothing safety wired...maybe just tape over the headlight but for intro, i don't even think you have to
Old 03-23-2007, 11:02 AM
xshanex
Registered Member

xshanex has disabled reputation

modding your bike shouldn't be too expensive....usually can tape up your lights and some other easy to do things. check out wera.com if you have a little extra $ and get into it. Tons of parts and lots of cheap race bikes. I was looking into doing track days and instead of getting everything for zx6r and worrying about tossing it down the track and totalling it. I saw lots of race bikes out there for under $2k and lots in the $3-5k range. Seemed easier to me since I wasn't going to race and the 600 classes are pretty hardcore
Old 03-23-2007, 12:03 PM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

i would rec. nesba. granted its the only organization ive even been on the track with, but they are VERY friendly and VERY helpfull. lots of track time to boot.

as far as your bike, theres really not a lot of things you need to do to it for beginner. my bike is fully safety wired, but basically because i was bored one weekend and had a drill press. they bumped me to intermediate, but i had to run beginner both days due to the intermediate level being full. which is something i like about nesba, they dont over book their events so the traffic is kind of low.

as far as gear, i would rec a 1 peice suit over a 2 peice, but you need full leathers, gloves that cover your wrist, and over the ankle racing(i believe) boots.

seanazzy - i was thinking about doing summit point, but i know a few guys that are going to beaverun, so im hauling all the way up there. we will have to get together and do a trackday sometime. i wish i knew more people around that go to the track.

you are going to have a fucking blast... just remember to relax and dont go in over your head, especially the first couple of sessions.
Old 03-23-2007, 12:53 PM
Alwayslast
Registered Member

some websites:
www.nesba.com
www.teampromotion.com
www.cornerspeed.net

lots of info on this page:
http://www.thetracknet.com/

gear: ebay or www.newenough.com has some good prices on their closeouts

Quick Reply: Pictures from my first track day.