Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Pictures from Road Atlanta (56k, GTFO)

Old 04-09-2007 | 02:33 PM
seanazzy
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Pictures from Road Atlanta (56k, GTFO)

Originally Posted by onepointone
ive been riding on the street for less than 3 years (since i was 18 almost 19, im 21 now). i rode somewhat 'spirited' on the street my first and second year, but nothing near like on track, im not 'that rider'. all last year i rode pretty calm, and a matter fact, i didnt even really ride that much from july till current. ive had the bike for over a year now and it only has 8k miles on it. i put 18,000 on my sv650s in a year in a half.

ever been to road atlanta? id like to run out with you and do a track day sometime this season, you interested?

all the pictures that i dont have my hoodie on, those were friday, my first day there. the ones with the black hoodie were from saturday or sunday. i did 2 days at VIR, and i did those 3 days at Road Atlanta. thats all i have on the track/

man, it was 30 degrees in the morning sessions every day. it was cold as shit. i only did 4 laps on saturday morning because neither myself, nor my tires were functioning worth a shit. the morning session on sunday we were running a decent 1'45 pace which was decent. of course that dropped down the the 1'39 range by the end of the day. just need to take it easy the first couple laps to get some heat in the tires and brakes. also remember that your tires might have some heat, but the track is still cold as shit. dont focus on getting your knee down.. you focus so much on doing that, that you mess up your lines and what your doing on the track. the first time mine when down it scared the shit out of me because i wasnt expecting it... it just happened. especially in cold weather like that.. you dont want your tires sliding out on you and you cant react because your focused elsewhere. my first sessions i could feel my slicks sliding both front and rear around on the first couple laps, even with tire warmers...

the pictures.. i dont know if pics of you would have pictures from summit since they were at Atlanta. they may have more than one truck? it seemed like a small business though. im sure someone was there taking pictures though.
yeah, dudes with tire warmers were runnin' out right when they got on thinking they'd be straight and so many people went down...it was crazy. i've been to road atlanta for ama races...INSANE elevation!

think i'm planning on a vir day sometime i believe in july or august. i'm not so concerned with getting my knee down...i just think it will happen when i correct what i'm doing wrong. couple different cr's said i just need to thrown my center from my chest up off to the side of the bike and then i'll get my weight over. i feel like since i have such long legs that i can't really get my upper outside leg up high enough to push over more to the other side of the bike so i think i'm going to get some adjustable rearsets and then i think the warmer weather i should feel a little more comfortable as well. but they had said my lower body positioning and lines and speed looked good for my first day especially with theweather (we were sliding all over the place). and i'm sure i'll freak the first time my knee touches...i remember the first time my boots did haha!
Old 04-09-2007 | 02:40 PM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by seanazzy
yeah, dudes with tire warmers were runnin' out right when they got on thinking they'd be straight and so many people went down...it was crazy. i've been to road atlanta for ama races...INSANE elevation!

think i'm planning on a vir day sometime i believe in july or august. i'm not so concerned with getting my knee down...i just think it will happen when i correct what i'm doing wrong. couple different cr's said i just need to thrown my center from my chest up off to the side of the bike and then i'll get my weight over. i feel like since i have such long legs that i can't really get my upper outside leg up high enough to push over more to the other side of the bike so i think i'm going to get some adjustable rearsets and then i think the warmer weather i should feel a little more comfortable as well. but they had said my lower body positioning and lines and speed looked good for my first day especially with theweather (we were sliding all over the place). and i'm sure i'll freak the first time my knee touches...i remember the first time my boots did haha!
get you some adjustable rear sets. i went cheap on the rear sets and although they are good, and a lot better than my stock ones, i drug them a few times at atlanta. im just going to grind the pegs up a little with a bench grinder to get them up a little.

ill definitely be at VIR in july, we will have to meet up man. i may do summit at the end of this month as well.
Old 04-09-2007 | 04:53 PM
seanazzy
Registered Member

seanazzy is an unknown quantity at this point

get you some adjustable rear sets. i went cheap on the rear sets and although they are good, and a lot better than my stock ones, i drug them a few times at atlanta. im just going to grind the pegs up a little with a bench grinder to get them up a little.

ill definitely be at VIR in july, we will have to meet up man. i may do summit at the end of this month as well.
i ordered vortex...have a few friends that are happy w/ em so we'll see how it goes.

i'm seeing summit jefferson on the 21st and 22nd. i'm tryin' to hit main on may 4th (beginner) but it's already filled up and i'm on the waiting list. vir south and north would be the next i wanna try and s is july 7th/8th. and north on 9th. not sure which one yet...checking calendar at work tomorrow and then probably set it up since they're filling up quick.
Old 04-09-2007 | 05:14 PM
skr00zloose
hatrs make me famous

skr00zloose has disabled reputation

haha, yea that was me. im a tech for lexus. you know someone that works there?

which lexus dealer? (just curious, i know alot of lexus techs/ service writers)

and damn dude, looks like you were cooking for being just your second track day!
Old 04-09-2007 | 05:58 PM
3xb18
Registered Member

3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute3xb18 has a reputation beyond repute

I work for Gmac I am there just about every Thursday and Monday. I was there one day I saw a dude that works in the same building as the car wash riding a dirt bike around. Then I saw your bike I was like dam...I drive A black Nissan Sentra with tinted windows and an Aria sticker on the back if you see me say whats up..
Old 04-09-2007 | 06:10 PM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by skr00zloose
which lexus dealer? (just curious, i know alot of lexus techs/ service writers)

and damn dude, looks like you were cooking for being just your second track day!

im at lexus of richmond. thank man, i felt like it was a pretty decently fast pace for me.

Originally Posted by 3xb18
I work for Gmac I am there just about every Thursday and Monday. I was there one day I saw a dude that works in the same building as the car wash riding a dirt bike around. Then I saw your bike I was like dam...I drive A black Nissan Sentra with tinted windows and an Aria sticker on the back if you see me say whats up..
Gmac? what do you guys do? im sure ive seen you around. i work in that building right next to the alignment machine with the black tool box. theres almost always an engine torn apart in my bay. come by and say whats up one day.

there are a few guys there with dirtbikes. was it a blue yz250? if so thats my buddy zac. he just got a 06 r6 as well, im trying to get his ass to the track sometimes soon.
Old 04-09-2007 | 06:44 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

im at lexus of richmond. thank man, i felt like it was a pretty decently fast pace for me.
do you know Ricardo? last i heard he was a salesman up there
Old 04-10-2007 | 03:05 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

Originally Posted by Del La Sol 1320
do you know Ricardo? last i heard he was a salesman up there

yea, hes a cool guy. hes the used car manager. i see him come through the shop a couple times a week. he usually stops by to say hey.
Old 04-12-2007 | 02:07 PM
8urcivic
Rockin Red Wheels!

8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic 8urcivic

dude....looks like u had a blast......pics are really nice.