Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

New best 1/4 time!!

Old 07-03-2003, 11:21 AM
Greaser
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i never understood what removing the sway bar does for live rear axle cars.

good times!!! whew. fast wasnt it? went by to quick? i miss running 13's and having shit loads of fun.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:10 PM
Nastystage2
ROUSH STAGE2

Nastystage2 is an unknown quantity at this point

greaser removing the front sway bar gives better weight transfew in the front end and can reduce 60'ft's by a tenth or 2! i am pulling 1.55 60fts now, if i take that off i maybe albe to pull some 1.4?'s!! and yeah it went by fast but i want some mid to low 10s maybe high high 9's by the time i am done with my car if not faster!!
Old 07-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Congrats on the new best.

To elaborate on the sway bar thing...removing the front swaybar allows the front struts to operate independently, in turn, letting them actually do what they were designed to do in the first place. It let's them extend faster and further. It also doesn't hurt to remove 25 lbs off the front end
Old 07-03-2003, 03:31 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

my car got a little too squirly for my tastes when i took off the front sway bar....car twisted and lifted up to one side.

yuck, i put it back on and felt safer.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:24 PM
Nastystage2
ROUSH STAGE2

Nastystage2 is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i kept it on to see the what it does on and then off, just forgot to take it off my last run! oh well next time at the track its coming off and i am going 10's! i will post my new best when it happens, but hopefully it wont rain and i will take the car to Richmond next friday night!
Old 07-03-2003, 05:16 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

Originally posted by Greaser
my car got a little too squirly for my tastes when i took off the front sway bar....car twisted and lifted up to one side.

yuck, i put it back on and felt safer.
Put an air bag in the p/s rear spring. I believe you can buy it individually from Eibach.