Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

P-town parking...

Old 07-07-2003 | 03:12 PM
shellza
Registered Member

shellza is an unknown quantity at this point

If the police would co-operate on this at least most of the ricers will be afraid of going back cause the cops are there. That would cut down on the stupidity alot in itself. Crap like that needs not to happen.
Old 07-07-2003 | 03:15 PM
EvolutionBoostin
Currently N/A

EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point

I didn't see what happened, only heard about it from the forums. P-town was a great hang out on the weekend nights, but I doubt seriously that we'll still be allowed to go out there. If we are allowed, I think the idea of a cop being there is a good one.

As far as people calling our P-Town hang out "THE RACES", this is total bullshit. I have way too much fun out there talking to friends and being peaceful for it to get ruined by a bunch of fast and furious kids.

All I can say is I'm no longer going to allow that crap wherever the hangout may be.
Old 07-07-2003 | 03:16 PM
MattnTheHATch
DAAAANG & OHDAANG

MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch MattnTheHATch

well all just need to go to ames on friday or saturday and put our foot down. someone needs to just get with the cops and get the crowd of people together and take a stand. get in the back of a pick up truck and stand up to the crowd and tell em whats up
Old 07-07-2003 | 03:17 PM
Greaser
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

i started my proactive approach a month ago. was hanging out with team top end and someone in a pickup truck started doing a burnout and then went over a curb.

i walked over to him, told him to stop or leave. he stopped, and we continued on about our conversations.
Old 07-07-2003 | 03:18 PM
Crucial_CRiX

Crucial_CRiX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default the cop thing is a good idea

having a cop out there would be a good idea. After what happened on Saturday we have lost all the trust that we had gained from the police. Even though the police chilled near the parking lot they never went in and starting busting people because they trusted us to be responsible and not do any thing stupid. I think we need to show them that we are just as angry at what ahppened as they are. im sure if we would go and talk to the police and tell them that we still wanna chill there but we dont want anyone getting hurt, im sure they would understand. if we get a small group to go and talk to the police i think we will have a better chance of getting a cop out there. if they see that it is a good amount of the people that want to be safe then we might just be able to get back some of the trust we lost because of what happened.
Old 07-07-2003 | 03:20 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Having an officer in the parking lot would be an acceptance of trespassing on private property. Would need to ask owner of the lot for permission to assemble after hours. Letting the owner know that an officer would be present would help, as would a group (or club) with official membership rather than just another teen hangout.
Old 07-07-2003 | 03:24 PM
EvolutionBoostin
Currently N/A

EvolutionBoostin is an unknown quantity at this point

A Club...how about a DragVA local chapter type thing? That could help....
Old 07-07-2003 | 03:56 PM
JS4KIKZ
Registered Member

JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point

How do we go about this and who wants to go do this? Im willing to go talk to them.
Old 07-07-2003 | 04:08 PM
PSIDOFF
3VOLVED

PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF

lenny any help u need ill be sure to be right on it. Just lemme know and im down.
Old 07-07-2003 | 04:10 PM
pixie
Registered Member

pixie

well first of all let me give some advice. get a signed waiver from all of the companies manager to be on the property, that way it doesnt matter how large the group is. second have people that want to do this maybe sign a petition or waiver also to show extra effort about safety. be aware that at first if this works the officers will be under pressure to end it for any reason. offer suggestion about how to make it safe. like enforcing curfew and what not. let them know that if ANYONE acts immature with their vehicle that they will be banned from coming back and will have to sign an agreement stateing that if they come back to the place between a certain time that they will be trespassing. make all the extra efforts to kiss ass. read up on some laws like the right to assemble and so on. hope that helps some.

Quick Reply: P-town parking...