Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Goochland decibal levels and enforcement?

Old 07-17-2007, 03:46 PM
MSeunos
TSSSSSSSSSSS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos MSeunos
Default Re: Goochland decibal levels and enforcement?

the 50 state legal thing means it meats the emissions requirements for all 50 states, but that doesn't exempt it from being an illegal modification
Old 07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
LOCO
Banned

LOCO is an unknown quantity at this point

it may tech. be illegal, but I would still have to say it sounds like harassment to me
Old 07-17-2007, 04:42 PM
TheLittleRedSRT
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Bonillaroma
And if you have an SRT4, apparently it doesnt matter that the car did not have any mufflers from the factory, the stock exhaust is illegal. At least in Va Beach
No richmond too, i had a cop say something to me about but he didnt give me a ticket. He said fix it or you will get a ticket. 2 weeks later i was installing my turbo back exhaust
Old 07-17-2007, 11:59 PM
C89ZX7R
Banned

C89ZX7R is an unknown quantity at this point

it just has to be lower then the standard exhaust system the way its stated lol so compare a mustang cobra to a ???? its total b.s. really . but there ins't a db limit in VA as richmond time dispatch stated on the newspaper
Old 07-18-2007, 11:14 AM
Bizkit64
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Originally Posted by 65-SpyderGT
§ 46.2-1049. Exhaust system in good working order.

No person shall drive and no owner of a vehicle shall permit or allow the operation of any such vehicle on a highway unless it is equipped with an exhaust system in good working order and in constant operation to prevent excessive or unusual levels of noise; provided however, that for motor vehicles, such exhaust system shall be of a type installed as standard factory equipment, or comparable to that designed for use on the particular vehicle as standard factory equipment. An exhaust system shall not be deemed to prevent excessive or unusual noise if it permits the escape of noise in excess of that permitted by the standard factory equipment exhaust system of private passenger motor vehicles or trucks of standard make.

The term "exhaust system," as used in this section, means all the parts of a vehicle through which the exhaust passes after leaving the engine block, including mufflers and other sound dissipative devices.

Chambered pipes are not an effective muffling device to prevent excessive or unusual noise, and any vehicle equipped with chambered pipes shall be deemed in violation of this section.

mhm so thats why harley-davidsons sound louder then like any damn thing and hondas etc get pulled over...
Old 07-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by Bizkit64
mhm so thats why harley-davidsons sound louder then like any damn thing and hondas etc get pulled over...
Yeah no shit! However, they are a little different though.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:19 PM
SpeedJunkie
Registered Member

SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie SpeedJunkie

Originally Posted by Bizkit64
Actually stock HDs are real quiet, no one keeps stock pipes on them though.
Old 08-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Alice_in_Chains
Man in the BOX

Alice_in_Chains is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bonillaroma
In VA, anything not factory is illegal. Welcome to the Communistwealth. Enjoy your stay.
I Lol'D
Old 08-02-2007, 09:25 AM
6spdeg
Registered Member

6spdeg has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by SpeedJunkie
Actually stock HDs are real quiet, no one keeps stock pipes on them though.
Aint that the truth...

Ppl take it for granted that harleys are loud because noone has stock exh.. However cops dont care its KEWL... just like domestics its kewl.
Hondas etc its ANNOYING.

Theres another part in the law book that states that it is up to the officers discretion.. Meaning they write the laws here in this great state...
That is why there is no decimeter here in this state...
You can have stock exhaust from factory and weld on a 4" tip.....
has no bearing on sound nor additional emittance of exh....
You will get a ticket for it.. GUARANTEED...
Ive seen cops do all kinds of reckless driving to pull someone over for an illegal tip..lol...
Old 08-02-2007, 12:48 PM
Dmac
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Yeah no shit! However, they are a little different though.
hell yeah I put my hands over my ears it was so fucking loud and he was just passing by

Quick Reply: Goochland decibal levels and enforcement?