Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Single cam turbo questions.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:27 PM
important
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
important is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Single cam turbo questions.

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Is the block assembled right now?

What pistons are in it? I've never heard of such an odd bore. You would have to get completely custom pistons for that application...
block is complete,and all together,im not sure of pistons and what not.

heres the original thread
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196308

The size he mentioned is the actual size of the turbo. That little thing made great power. You have a good point.

Along with high compression=death.

And your a dumbass anyway...everyone knows you don't do that.
haha cut it out i thought it was a stock b7 with a z6 head nothing more,plus the whole ''bought not built'' thing got boring,levi you need to see it,the car was trashed ive done soo much and now its time for the motor.or should i say the 3rd once since ive owned the car
Old 10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Originally Posted by important
block is complete,and all together,im not sure of pistons and what not.

heres the original thread
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196308

haha cut it out i thought it was a stock b7 with a z6 head nothing more,plus the whole ''bought not built'' thing got boring,levi you need to see it,the car was trashed ive done soo much and now its time for the motor.or should i say the 3rd once since ive owned the car
I'm not making fun, do what you want to do. A6's hold up much better than b7's do. You should be fine as long as you tune it.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:30 PM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by important
Oh no it blew cause 5th gear boost is not good.'egts got way to high'.
That's exactly what I just said!

It's in a "choked" condition. If you maintain any boost levels, for more than a few moments, the EGT's will climb like a bitch, the backpressure continues upwards, the IAT's skyrocket, and you end up with detonation, which is technically, what caused the failure.

I'm guessing about 200 hp?
Old 10-04-2007, 06:34 PM
important
Banned

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
That's exactly what I just said!

It's in a "choked" condition. If you maintain any boost levels, for more than a few moments, the EGT's will climb like a bitch, the backpressure continues upwards, the IAT's skyrocket, and you end up with detonation, which is technically, what caused the failure.

I'm guessing about 200 hp?
ask idriveahonda-he built the machine
Old 10-04-2007, 06:34 PM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda idriveahonda

Around there. If I kept that car I was going to do a built block, but going to school 4 hours away forced me to sell.

I think the car is in good hands now, Jared seems to have a good head on his neck.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:35 PM
BAD4DR
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

The size he mentioned is the actual size of the turbo. That little thing made great power. You have a good point.

Along with high compression=death.

And your a dumbass anyway...everyone knows you don't do that.

The size he mentioned, leads me to believe the intake is a .42 A/R 50 trim T3, with a .37 A/R T3 standard trim exhaust....

But that's a guess.

That being said, it operates constantly in a state of choke, and the higher the pressure, the worse it gets!
Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
idriveahonda
Shooting 63's

No, it is a 37 trim. It says it on the turbo. It is small, but nice.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:38 PM
important
Banned

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
The size he mentioned, leads me to believe the intake is a .42 A/R 50 trim T3, with a .37 A/R T3 standard trim exhaust....

But that's a guess.

That being said, it operates constantly in a state of choke, and the higher the pressure, the worse it gets!
i dont drive the car and stay in boost all day,i stay under 2000 if cruising.i love the turbo it holds its own,and this is my first boost application so every process is a one i learn off of.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:49 PM
mini-meturbodx
registeredbeerdrinkr

mini-meturbodx is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to have a 98 EK and went through 5 motors before I perfected the tune.(t3t04)Turbonetics Turbo, Rev hard manifold, Tial WG @10-16psi Depends on what mood I was in.
I STILL went throgh 4 More because of 5th gear boost. Shit catching on fire under the hood, after I send 2 rods through the block and one into the oil pan. Its going to happen regardless, unless its LOW compression. BTW The best SOHC setup I did was the Y8 bottom end and the Y7 head. 16psi For a good 9 months till I got stupid one Night... also did 13.20 w/ street tires@16psi.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:52 PM
important
Banned

Originally Posted by mini-meturbodx
I used to have a 98 EK and went through 5 motors before I perfected the tune.(t3t04)Turbonetics Turbo, Rev hard manifold, Tial WG @10-16psi Depends on what mood I was in.
I STILL went throgh 4 More because of 5th gear boost. Shit catching on fire under the hood, after I send 2 rods through the block and one into the oil pan. Its going to happen regardless, unless its LOW compression. BTW The best SOHC setup I did was the Y8 bottom end and the Y7 head. 16psi For a good 9 months till I got stupid one Night... also did 13.20 w/ street tires@16psi.
haha trust me im staying at 9 or lower.Will prolly get a boost controller too just for crusing matters,just turn it way down for safety.

Quick Reply: Single cam turbo questions.