Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Dark Blue Focus ZX3 with Roof Scoop

Old 07-19-2003, 01:56 PM
Drop Top 13B
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drop Top 13B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Insomniac Desi
why sell it to begin with?
Because it was the only car out of 4 that I owned at the time that wasn't paid for. I'm in sales, the economy was going completly to shit, and I didn't want to find myself the dilema of "What do I do today? Eat or make my car payment?" Basically, I had three other NICE cars sitting in my driveway that I had the titles to. It was just the practical thing to do. I loved the car, wish I still had it, and will probably buy another one when the new body style comes out in '05. They are supposed to be coming out with an AWD Turbo RS in this country to compete with the Evo and STI, I can't wait...
Old 07-19-2003, 02:20 PM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Originally posted by flo w fx
The only time that you'd "melt" the cat is by using leaded fuel. NOT lower octane.
running too rich will melt the cat, I've done it
Old 07-19-2003, 02:46 PM
Drop Top 13B
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Originally posted by vmspionage
running too rich will melt the cat, I've done it
amen,

but in this case it was running WAY lean.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:48 PM
fokuzsport
obbe obbe doooo

fokuzsport is an unknown quantity at this point

yeah i know him..

he isnt going around saying he built that car.. when i first met him about a year ago he told me that he bought it all like that.. and for you saying that you built that car.. my god it was poorly done.. the paint was coming off, bad!.. the headers looked like shit.. all rusty damn near stock.. he didnt have much pull on a stock stick.. the exhuast looked like it was going to fall off...

anyways.. he didnt blow the engine.. there was a terrible wiring problem and when he was on the highway he went over a bump and the car shut its self off and in the process it fried the ecu..

oh and no he isnt talking shit... he isnt here.. he is at basic training... hes been gone since last year.... where did you get your facts at?

also what did you TRY to do to the back lights? they looked like shit...

Last edited by fokuzsport; 07-19-2003 at 02:52 PM.
Old 07-19-2003, 02:50 PM
fokuzsport
obbe obbe doooo

Originally posted by Drop Top 13B
I really don't care about the car, but when you put a lot of work into something, it's always going to be yours in your own mind. It's called plagerism (spelling?). It just pisses me off, that he would do that.

And yes, he did fuck it up twice that I know of. Melted the Cat once, because he used 87 octane, instead of the 92 that it needed, and he did something to the CAI intake and Over-bored throttle body and had to put it back to stock. Oh well, at least it's slower than it was....
there was no CAI intake on there it was all stock.. he had to take the pos throttle body off because it was causing the car to run like shit... the funny thing is.. you built the car!

he never claimed once that he built the car..

i bought his rims btw
Old 07-19-2003, 10:03 PM
D.Nick
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally posted by fokuzsport
yeah i know him..

he isnt going around saying he built that car.. when i first met him about a year ago he told me that he bought it all like that.. and for you saying that you built that car.. my god it was poorly done.. the paint was coming off, bad!.. the headers looked like shit.. all rusty damn near stock.. he didnt have much pull on a stock stick.. the exhuast looked like it was going to fall off...

anyways.. he didnt blow the engine.. there was a terrible wiring problem and when he was on the highway he went over a bump and the car shut its self off and in the process it fried the ecu..

oh and no he isnt talking shit... he isnt here.. he is at basic training... hes been gone since last year.... where did you get your facts at?

also what did you TRY to do to the back lights? they looked like shit...

Old 07-21-2003, 08:17 AM
SloRSX
Modified Inline 4

SloRSX SloRSX

I have known Drop Top for a while now and I think he is telling the truth when he is saying the car was fine when he sold it. I have looked at his RX - 7 and it is in extremly good condition for 16 years old.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:34 AM
Drop Top 13B
Zoomin' & Blingin'

People talk...

What do you want me to say? It is just like on this board, people try to start something, just to start something. If you say he wasn't saying that, then I can't say he was. I was just TOLD he was by a couple kids in an orange civic that i ran into a while back. Yeah the header looked like shit, but that wasn't my fault, it came painted and the paint peeled off the first week. I wasn't about to take it back off, and paint it again. I don't know about the paint either. The parts that were added to the car were painted proffessionally(supposedly). I don't remember doing anything to the taillights, so I don't know about that either.
The wiring problem is news to me. I never did anything with any wiring in the car accept for a stereo system. Nothing I did could have done that. The exhaust was installed at Midas, and was fine when I sold it. All I can say is, I drove the car for more 25,000 miles and the only trouble I had with it was an emissions sensor went bad under warranty.

After thinking about all this BS, I really don't care, it's gone and not my problem. I'm building a real car now anyway.

Last edited by Drop Top 13B; 07-21-2003 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-21-2003, 12:28 PM
fokuzsport
obbe obbe doooo

im not trying to start anything.. but tommy is a good friend of mine.. hes very quite and doesnt talk shit to no one.. when i first met him i looked that car up and down.. i loved the roof scoop to death but it wasnt moldin in and the paint was crackin bad on it.. about the taillights he said that the previous owner tried to make carbon fiber moldings on them and it turned out like shit.. and there was residue all over them.. not even acetone could get it off..

the exhuast? that was the only thing that was decent.. it hung a little low.. what kinda of exhuast was it? it looked like the focussport one. yes it did sound sweet as hell.. the headers? yeah the looked like they were painted red.. hence the name were.. to be honest it looked like my old stock headers with a shitty new paint job..

as far as being fast? i have a chipped auto zx3 and he had very little pull on me.. it was damn near close..

yeah the wiring thing was shitty.. he said it had nothing to do with the previous owner.. it was all on shitty ford.. it was funny tho.. he was going 80 on 64 hit a bump and boom the car shut off.. he couldnt start it and coasted to the shoulder.. later to find out that the curcuit fried his whole ECU.. cost him 900 dollars out of pocket to fix that...

over all i liked the color of the car and the idea of what you did to it.. he didnt not going around talking shit... so make its better to ask then assume...

sorry if i sounded like an ass
Old 07-21-2003, 01:56 PM
Drop Top 13B
Zoomin' & Blingin'

Hey man, you aren't the one that sounds like an ass. It's good to here some truth in the matter. The fact is, I'd really like to think that he would not do something like that. His uncle(who actually sold him the car) used to be one of my superiors. All of what you said makes sense except for the paint on the roof scoop and the taillights. The scoop is anybodies guess, it was a two month old paint job when I sold it. I didn't do anything to the taillights, they had this weird spiderweb thing going on that I can't explain, but really I never touched them. The exhaust was from Vibrant Technology. You said that the throttle body had problems? That's interesting. I have never heard of a Focus Central TB causing the car to run improperly. As for the quickness of the car, in my experience, it was no slouch. The best kill for the car was a '91 Civic hatch with a B18 LS motor swap. Raced it on the interstate from about 40-110, had him by about 1 car when I shut down.

It's one thing if the car itself didn't hold up very well, but I'm not in the habit of doing things half ass. I can turn wrenches with the best of them, and that car was done right. It sounds like aside from the paint(which I didn't do), the only problems with the car were Ford's own shitty quality control.

I've seen your car around, the wheels look familar, anyway, it looks good. I'm actually starting a new ZX3 Project with a friend of mine. I sold him a new one last month, that is destined to be JR SC

Quick Reply: Dark Blue Focus ZX3 with Roof Scoop