Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

va inspection

Old 02-05-2008, 08:42 PM
Strychnine
Fuckinitupagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Strychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to beholdStrychnine is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: va inspection

I think you'll be fine.

I just remembered about this guy who came into our shop a few months ago. I guess he thought if he bought everyone breakfast he would get a sticker... But the guy failed it, and we ended up with free breakfast
Old 02-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Frost
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

Originally Posted by ssfbody
i live in richmond and was curious on the chances i would get snagged on inspection for not having a smog pump. the turbo kit for my camaro deletes the smog pump and all smog related things. if i tune it to clear the codes and no lights are on what do you guys think the chances are of me getting by and them not visibly checking it. or any ideas to hide to the fact its not on the car thanks guys

Hey dude, when you want to get together with some other turbo, SC, and gassed and otherwise 4th gen f-bodies, check out RPM. We meet ever weds, race on street night at Richmond Dragway, and do lots more. We are the fastest car club in Richmond Don't mind the skin on our forum, it just got updated and things are still being put back together. Check us out at http://www.richmondperformancemusclecars.com

Holla if you need any tuning too
Old 02-16-2008, 06:25 PM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Out of curiosity, I know Richmond doesnt have emissions testing, but will a car without cats (my gutted cat is in place) and the associated smell cause me to fail?

Second, what are the odds of them checking out my reverse lights to see if they work or not?

Thanks.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:51 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
Out of curiosity, I know Richmond doesnt have emissions testing, but will a car without cats (my gutted cat is in place) and the associated smell cause me to fail?
They just do a visual inspection to see if they are present.

Second, what are the odds of them checking out my reverse lights to see if they work or not?

Thanks.
Likely unless the Inspector works in a shithole of a shop.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:57 PM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Woodrow
They just do a visual inspection to see if they are present.
Cool, thanks! I have a full 3" exhaust (not factory) with a gutted cat in place.
Likely unless the Inspector works in a shithole of a shop.
Damn. I was really hoping that would be something of a non-issue.

Can anyone PM with a shop that they have used that isnt terribly strict on checking everything?
Old 02-23-2008, 05:54 PM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

Can anyone PM with a shop that they have used that isnt terribly strict on checking everything?
Anybody with a recommendation? I dont really want to pay a bunch of $$ for something as stupid as my reverse lights not working...just a shop that kinda looks around without strict inspection.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:05 AM
C89ZX7R
Banned

C89ZX7R is an unknown quantity at this point

love my car , no cats what so ever not even the housing .
Old 03-04-2008, 07:49 PM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

FWIW,

The car passed inspection at a shop in Lexington over the weekend. He "replaced" a few bulbs (rear turn signal and fog light bulb). Im pretty sure neither were out, but I didnt feel like bitching and then have them bring up the reverse lights. It was still under $50...
Old 03-05-2008, 04:56 AM
Frost
Registered Member

Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost Frost

FWIW,

The car passed inspection at a shop in Lexington over the weekend. He "replaced" a few bulbs (rear turn signal and fog light bulb). Im pretty sure neither were out, but I didnt feel like bitching and then have them bring up the reverse lights. It was still under $50...

Hey why not just fix your fucking lights rather than bring extra/uneeded heat to the forum by asking in public for a lenient inspector. Lazy fuck...
Old 03-05-2008, 05:31 AM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Frost
Hey why not just fix your fucking lights
Ive tried damn-near everything to fix the reverse lights: Replaced the fuses, replaced the bulbs, replaced the bulb sockets, and replaced the switch on the actual transmission...all to no avail. Instead of wasting countless more $$, I thought I would ask to see if they would check it during the typical inspection.
rather than bring extra/uneeded heat to the forum by asking in public for a lenient inspector.
I didnt ask to pay him off, nor did I bring any "heat" to the forum. Its the guys asking for someone to pass them no questions asked who might bring heat to the forum...though thats implying that anyone who spends time on this forum really gives a shit about this (not looking to commit a crime...just asking a fucking question).
Lazy fuck...
Nice. You must have had a bad night. To be honest, your opinion means dick to me.

Quick Reply: va inspection