Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Official CENTRAL area job thread.

Old 03-12-2008 | 03:17 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Official CENTRAL area job thread.

From my experience, the best thing to do is come into the dealership and apply and possibly speak with the Service Manager(if he is free). Usually lube techs don't need any experience but need to be willing to learn being you start at the bottom and your attitude is where you will end up.
Old 03-12-2008 | 03:17 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Woodrow
From my experience, the best thing to do is come into the dealership and apply and possibly speak with the Service Manager(if he is free). Usually lube techs don't need any experience but need to be willing to learn being you start at the bottom and your attitude is where you will end up.
+12378123. All training is provided, there are plenty of people to ask questions, all tools are provided, ect. Its a great place to start at. Come in, talk to my manager, please look presentable (button up shirt and nice pants, some people dont grasp that concept), act like you want to learn and it doubt he will shoot you down.

Originally Posted by TheLittleRedSRT
just making sure. Do you apply online or at the dealership?
You would need to stop by the dealership to grab an application. Usually my manager interviews on the spot if he has the time. I have also seen him start people the next business day if they are available. Its not that we are low on techs, they are looking to build up our staff with more people to get our customers in/out quicker so they can be on their way.

PM me if you need his number, I dont want to post it on here as its his direct line. I can also give you his e-mail address if thats easier for you.

I edited in the post I made because I had a few pms reguarding it. A clean driving record and a valid license are a must.

Last edited by onepointone; 03-12-2008 at 03:25 AM.
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:04 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

Originally Posted by onepointone
I edited in the post I made because I had a few pms reguarding it. A clean driving record and a valid license are a must.
+2637485

A dealers service dept will not consider you for employment without a valid DL. They might consider you depending on your driving record. The cleaner, the better.
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:25 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

onepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud ofonepointone has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Woodrow
+2637485

A dealers service dept will not consider you for employment without a valid DL. They might consider you depending on your driving record. The cleaner, the better.

Definitely. They are pretty tough on our light maint. guys. If you have tickets prior to being highered, its usually a no go for the position. If you are currently an employee and recieve a ticket, they cut you some slack. We actually lost a technician recently who had wrecked 3 cars within the same year. On the third incident they just had to cut him loose. They will work with you if you are already here, but they are looking for spotless records before hire. Now if you have a ticket for 5mph over or something dumb like that, check in with my manager anyway.

Sorry guys, I didnt mean to dominate this thread with my ad.
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:42 AM
TheLittleRedSRT
i <3 my neon

TheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the roughTheLittleRedSRT is a jewel in the rough

Damn, ive got 2 tickets on mine. 1 speeding 1 failure to follow a highway sign
Old 03-12-2008 | 06:47 AM
BOREDOMRULE
In TATTRAT we trust

BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE BOREDOMRULE

Originally Posted by onepointone

Sorry guys, I didnt mean to dominate this thread with my ad.
pmed you w/ a ?
Old 03-12-2008 | 07:09 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

(expired)

Last edited by Computer_Nerd; 06-02-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2008 | 07:14 AM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

(expired)

Last edited by Computer_Nerd; 06-02-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 03-12-2008 | 07:21 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

Originally Posted by jesizzle
pmed you w/ a ?
I responded. I wasnt ignoring you, I was just trying to get you a solid answer before I responded.

The question was about start out pay. I will have an answer for that tomorrow as my manager is out of the office today.
Old 03-12-2008 | 10:13 AM
onepointone
ASE Master

Lexus of Richmond light maint. tech job starts at $8.50/hr, +$1/hr with a VSI license. If you have any ASE's, let him know that as well.

Quick Reply: Official CENTRAL area job thread.