Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

How I got Sway

Old 04-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Kim Jong Illin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud ofKim Jong Illin has much to be proud of
Default Re: How I got Sway

Originally Posted by HerNameIsSway
OK here's the story of Sway (I'm at work and bored a little)

I have told a few people the same kinda long story so I decided to post it up on here.

I remember I was a freshman in high school and I was volunteering to help out with marching band practice moving percussion equipment and I saw this senior driving this car with 3 girls in the car, doing donuts and tearing up grass on the soccer field. It was a rear wheel drive hatchback and I liked the body style mainly because I hadn't seen much like it around. I remember saying "I so want that car!"

Every once in a while when I see the car in the parking lot after school I would stare at it until I couldn't see it anymore.

5 years later, I was working at this golf course and I was working with this kid (the senior's younger brother) I have seen at school and he's a year younger than me. I asked him what the car was and he said its a 1985 Toyota Corolla GT-S and I said to him "if you guys ever want to get rid of the car, let me know. I am interested and I have always liked it since I saw it 5 years ago."

Suprisingly, he immediately said that he's selling it (it was sorta handed down to him from his brother.)

One week later, i test drove the car and I was in LOVE with it. This car was bought brand new by their dad and the oldest son (the senior kid doing donuts in the soccer field) didnt want it anymore and this younger kid is not interested in it. He preferred the 1990s Mazda MPV van because its AWD and "holds more value." LOL.

So i arranged a meeting with his dad and he told me it only broke down one time and that was when the timing belt snapped. Basically nothing else was ever changed or replaced, except for the usual clutches and tires and brakes, etc. The car was practically rust free when i got it! It has the original exhaust also!

It had 235,757 miles on it when I bought it Dec 10, 2006. Whats the price you ask? $1000. Yes, you read it right. One thousand dollars.

I asked the younger kid if he knew much about this car and he said "yeah its used for racing." Then he said he wants to sell the MPV for something better later on.

I said "better? Whats better?"

"I want a Pontiac Sunfire."

HAHAHAHAHAAHAAH

I handed him the check and sped off in my new car.

I put 10k miles on the car until I got a brand new Subaru WRX July 2, 2007. Then I added 4k to it in the last half of 2007.

The car has always given me scares thoughout the year with random noises and burning oil. I kept looking after it and the temp gauge went up for the first time on December 10, 2007, exactly one year after I purchased the car. I parked the car 25 miles from home right after midnight and called for someone to pick me up and take me home. I found out it had a leaking head gasket before the Nov 18 drift and I took a lot of time fixing up the car and thanks to the local Autozone shop, they kept screwing up my parts order so I never got it fixed. I could not find much free time. It was sucking oil out of the motor into the cooling system, no antifreeze was going back into the motor. I was told this is ok to drive, as long as I keep my eye on the temp gauge and add oil frequently.

When I parked the car, oil was POURING out of the bottom and out of the coolant overflow tank. I only topped off the oil 5 miles earlier. The motor is not locked up and still starts right up and runs, but i think the bottom end is making some weird noises.

The odometer right now reads 248,934.

Now I am working on the 4agze swap project, which most of you have noticed by now.

Unfortunately, my car has deteriorated really bad due to the fact that we had our first snow the first week of December and I was driving in the salt when the car got drastically worse. IT's been sitting for over 2.5 months now and I couldnt get it washed because it's been too cold. Most of the underbody coating has disappeared and when i said my car was practically rust free, its not anymore. Its really horrible right now.

I just thought that I should share my story.
cool
Old 04-04-2008, 06:01 PM
EFB16A
Registered Member

EFB16A is on a distinguished road

Cliff notes plz.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:06 PM
DickButt
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

nice car. hope your swap goes well. ive always loved the older beat up cars over the new ones.
Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 PM
roorr0

roorr0 is on a distinguished road

i think its because i've been working all day...but does anyone else see that the AE seems massive compared to the owner???!??

good story tho.
come out to events and meets.
Old 04-04-2008, 10:17 PM
UltimateCarSpa
Registered Member

UltimateCarSpa can only hope to improve

let me know if you want to sell your car!

kevin
Old 04-05-2008, 08:29 AM
PiGPEN
conquer

PiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud ofPiGPEN has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by roorr0
i think its because i've been working all day...but does anyone else see that the AE seems massive compared to the owner???!??
hahaha I noticed this. I have seen him many times in person though. Wierd.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:49 AM
OSSHWA
Registered member

OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA OSSHWA

Nice story. Gave me something to read/do for about 2 min on this boring as Saturday......
Old 04-05-2008, 10:26 AM
HerNameIsSway
Shortbus never came.

HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway HerNameIsSway

Originally Posted by EFB16A
Cliff notes plz.
Cliff Notes? Whats that?

Originally Posted by roorr0

good story tho.
come out to events and meets.
HOOK ME UP WITH EVENTS AND MEETS! I usually stop by the BK meet off 28 around 10:30PM for a few minutes every Friday...

Originally Posted by ForceFedGSR

kevin
Haha get in line man, I got quite a few people just stopping by my car whenever its in town and posting phone numbers on my windshield with a note offering to buy it. I might as well post it on the news IF i ever do want to sell it, that way I can let everyone know at the same time LOL.

Last edited by HerNameIsSway; 04-05-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-05-2008, 10:55 AM
Silverbullet86
Registered Member

Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86 Silverbullet86

kevin
omg, i thought you died or something. where the F have u been in the past 2 years?!
Old 04-07-2008, 06:07 AM
BoostedVaDa
Switchin_Lanes

BoostedVaDa has disabled reputation

kevin

x2

Quick Reply: How I got Sway