Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

need help installing plug and play HID kit

Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 PM
Fiziks
my name is andy.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks Fiziks
Default Re: need help installing plug and play HID kit

It's "plug and play" for a reason, but hey at least you admit you can't do it and don't fuck it up.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:15 AM
Real Random
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

lolz
it is so simple a VA teenager can do it
Old 04-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

holy fuck.......
Old 04-09-2008, 04:19 AM
mpow3r
cosmos metallic

mpow3r has disabled reputation

Remember to check the fuse value when you install it. Depending on the wattage of your HID setup, you might need to put a higher value fuse inline with it. When your HIDs first kick on the voltage spike is incredibly high, it then quickly drops to almost nothing.
Old 04-09-2008, 04:32 AM
UberJag
i like kittahs

UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Shit, I didn't fuck with mine when I got mine...I had someone else do it.

Me + electrical = me electricuted son!
I don't why you did, If I remember correctly you did all the work on your own car. Remember the dreaded mini me we did and you were freaking out lol. Only off by one tooth lols. Oh yea pete blew his built motor because the drain plug was loose and all the oil came out and spun a bearing and f'ed the crank. lol's thats embarassing to have to tell people.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:47 AM
ka-nife
Registered Member

ka-nife has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by mpow3r
Remember to check the fuse value when you install it. Depending on the wattage of your HID setup, you might need to put a higher value fuse inline with it. When your HIDs first kick on the voltage spike is incredibly high, it then quickly drops to almost nothing.
Will it tell you on the package or in the instructions booklet (if it has one) what number fuse to use?
Old 07-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Leave this guy alone, I've seen some of the "electrical work" you guys do on cars; a lot of it is really pathetic. Don't even get me started on the engine swap wiring I've seen around there, I have nightmares about what people feel comfortable driving.. Some of you know what you're doing, many don't (and think you do). I'm not trying to insult anyone, I'm just saying that you should pick who you make fun of if you're no more competent in the same area.

Some people just don't like to work outside of their comfort zone, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-12-2008 at 12:55 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:58 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by mpow3r
When your HIDs first kick on the voltage spike is incredibly high, it then quickly drops to almost nothing.
That would actually be a current spike. Fuses protect based on current. If it was a voltage spike, it would destroy all of the other electronics in your car, like the radio, ECU, etc.

The better HID setups have soft-start circuits in the to limit the inrush current on turn on, and I wouldn't go changing the included fuse unless you have a good reason. Use the recommended fuse, and follow the wiring instructions. And don't listen to people who say you need 8 gauge power cable or something like that, the amount of misinformation floating around about car electrical systems is horrible.

Last edited by Fabrik8; 07-12-2008 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:05 PM
burnoutboy
TheMuhFuggin♂

burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Leave this guy alone, I've seen some of the "electrical work" you guys do on cars; a lot of it is really pathetic. Don't even get me started on the engine swap wiring I've seen around there, I have nightmares about what people feel comfortable driving.. Some of you know what you're doing, many don't (and think you do).
Truth!! Crimp connectors and electric tape FTMFL!!!!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:22 PM
1foxbody
Stock Block Killaa

1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody 1foxbody

ill do it cheap

Quick Reply: need help installing plug and play HID kit