Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Sirius Satellite Reception Problems

Old 05-02-2008, 02:36 PM
Bandit
Who's this guy?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sirius Satellite Reception Problems

Only problem I have is under wide bridges, thick patches of trees, and tunnels. Mine is the OLD hardwired transmitter (sort of like a cd changer) and I havent had a single problem other than those listed...
Old 05-02-2008, 05:14 PM
tie fitr
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

I was having a problem all of the sudden also a few days ago. I had 0 reception, and I don't mean transmitter to radio, but sattelite reception to reciever. It started out searching then after about 15 minutes of driving, I got 1 bar, and then it would bounce up to two bars, but was still weaker than normal.
Old 05-02-2008, 05:56 PM
PSIDOFF
3VOLVED

PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF PSIDOFF

call sirius, most ppl use 88.1 but it drops signal alot. 104.7 works very well. But some set ups need to be tweeked for full bars, my girls car took a while to figure out, but once i did i never lose signal even in tunnels.
Old 05-03-2008, 03:25 AM
tie fitr
Full Retard

tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr tie fitr

Originally Posted by PSIDOFF
call sirius, most ppl use 88.1 but it drops signal alot. 104.7 works very well. But some set ups need to be tweeked for full bars, my girls car took a while to figure out, but once i did i never lose signal even in tunnels.
What are you talking about? It doesn't matter what channel I transmit to, I have the receiver wired directly to the antenna, so getting the signal from the satellite receiver to the FM receiver isn't the problem, the satellite antenna stuck to the roof wasn't seeing the satellite for some reason.

How do you pick up sirius in a tunnel?
Old 05-03-2008, 06:03 AM
lolololol
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

i got it plugged into the aux hookup on the back of my deck. the only signal issue i have had is going through the low areas in western virginia, and west virginia. in a tunnel? i wanna figure that out, too.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:00 AM
Fat Nick
Registered Member

Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick Fat Nick

My F-150 has it stock, so I haven't had any problems with it. But in my GTO I used 87.9, never had a problem. 88.1 is something in the Norfolk area so I couldn't use it. Or try 107.5
Old 05-04-2008, 08:03 AM
resideinVA
I <3 KARMA!

resideinVA has disabled reputation

i was wondering what the hell was going on. i got in my car yesterday and all im getting out of every channel is static, i just figured i pulled out the antennae cable or something when i was messing with my radio
ima go check it now that im thinking about it
Old 05-04-2008, 12:20 PM
tie fitr
Full Retard

Originally Posted by resideinVA
i was wondering what the hell was going on. i got in my car yesterday and all im getting out of every channel is static, i just figured i pulled out the antennae cable or something when i was messing with my radio
ima go check it now that im thinking about it
That's the same thing I thought. Mine is out the back hatch of my expedition, so I thought I pinched the wire or something, but it's back up to 3 bars, so it must have been a sattelite problem, or sun spots or something.
Old 05-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Atlantis
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Sounds like you are having a serious problem
Old 05-04-2008, 08:21 PM
_Sin_
SHAKE AND BAKE

_Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_ _Sin_

mine was factory installed, antenna is on the back top of the car above the back windshield

its integrated into the radio not through FM

no issues

Quick Reply: Sirius Satellite Reception Problems