Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Shisha (hooka) Tobacco

Old 05-18-2008, 04:27 PM
Real Random
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random
Default Re: Shisha (hooka) Tobacco

if it is not wrapped in plastic wrap in brick form from the Middle East it ain't worth jack
Old 05-18-2008, 05:42 PM
Shaminii
My dick is tan.

Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii Shaminii

Originally Posted by Spic, Amen.
Then again, since you're so into this, you already know that pretty much any and every hookah lounge/bar sells the tobacco, and not just lounge time.
False.

The place to get shisha locally is this tobacco store near the intersection of 22nd street and Colley near ODU. I can't remember what the store is called but they have this brand called "Sinbad", which is best I've tried so far. I haven't been able to find that brand in any other tobacco store. I'm about to try the Starbuzz stuff that everybody is mentioning.
Old 05-18-2008, 08:56 PM
jentegraGS-R
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by Wally
I know a couple people in Nova that own shisha bars too, and starbuzz is very good quality stuff. I went to dearborn, MI, and thats what all the good shisha bars were serving. Arabs know their shisha .
LOL so you're Arab now?
Old 05-18-2008, 08:59 PM
WALL-E
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Originally Posted by jenolution VIII
LOL so you're Arab now?
No, the multiple shisha bar owners I spoke to in dearborn were. My brother-in-law opened one recently, so while I was in MI during break, I went around researching for him a bit.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:07 PM
jentegraGS-R
Registered Member

jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R jentegraGS-R

Originally Posted by Wally
No, the multiple shisha bar owners I spoke to in dearborn were. My brother-in-law opened one recently, so while I was in MI during break, I went around researching for him a bit.
In the middle east (where all the Arabs live ) they all smoke Al Fakher; not Starbuzz because that's American and marketed for Americans.

I was just trying to give the OP some authenticness
Old 05-18-2008, 10:40 PM
T226
On 2 now

T226 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by nismo,plz.
starbuzz is a rather good brand.
I think starbuzz is a strength not a brand.
Old 05-18-2008, 11:15 PM
SeanJohn
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

just go to lazy days

Last edited by SeanJohn; 05-19-2008 at 11:33 AM.
Old 05-19-2008, 12:01 AM
Harold_Fastwake
mmmmmm

Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake Harold_Fastwake

Mnhookah.com or Social Smoke.com

Mnhookah is alot better in my opinion, Tarik the owner is also a great guy.

Starbuzz, is overpriced shit. Their tobacco 2 years ago was 10x better than what it is today. Their quality is complete crap now. No where close to being worth $20.

Here is my recommendation from a long time hookah smoker/ almost opened lounge owner.

Layalina. It has a decent to low buzz and great flavors. I have never had a bad batch from them unlike Starbuzz. It is quiet cheap as well. Now, if you truly like to smoke and like a strong buzz. Buy Tangiers, it is a learning curve to pack the bowl properly but once you start smoking Tangiers you will not want anything else. Layalina can be had at both online stores for $9 for 250grams. Tangiers is at MNhookah, for $11 for 250grams.

Tangiers and Layalina are the only 2 companies I smoke. Whatever you do, stay away from Nakhla. Other brands which I dislike are: Starbuzz (as mentioned before) Al Fakher, Al Waha(decent), Al Amir, Fusion(just like Starbuzz), Tonic(is decent, but just like Starbuzz), Fumari.

If you buy tobacco locally in 757. Lazy Dayz has ok prices. Their tangiers is double what it is online, but their Starbuzz is the same price.

Come to hookahforum.com if you want to learn as much as possible about each brand. We have a section for shisha/tobacco reviews for each brand. Just don't bring up any drug use or they will ban you. Not saying thats what you are doing but just forewarning.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:01 AM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

I think I've got a couple things of Starbuzz Orange sitting around that you can have for half price.
Old 05-19-2008, 07:53 AM
WALL-E
Registered member

WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E WALL-E

Originally Posted by jenolution VIII
In the middle east (where all the Arabs live ) they all smoke Al Fakher; not Starbuzz because that's American and marketed for Americans.

I was just trying to give the OP some authenticness
Well then you should be the first to know that al Fakher's best tobacco is not really sold in the states, or its pretty hard to find the good stuff. Mostly commercial crap, only their double apple is worth a shit.

Quick Reply: Shisha (hooka) Tobacco