Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

2000 Corvette Battery Draining - New thread

Old 05-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: 2000 Corvette Battery Draining - New thread

Originally Posted by 1aznTT
Thanks to the description above this post for the volt meter, appreciate it.

--Thanks Fabrik...is that hard to fix and is there a way to test for that too?
I'm not sure of the specifics of the Corvette modules, but there are usually test procedures in the service manuals. You'll have to talk to a Corvette guru about that. Most of the time the BCMs are a replaceable part, and aren't usually easy or cost effective to fix, same as an ECU. But don't worry about that much until you actually determine whether that's the culprit or not.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:13 PM
aacjohnc
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

i had the same problem with my dads vette the battery would die after sitting for a day or so but the battery was tested good and so was the alternater . ended up being a bad ground cable that goes from the chassi to the battery. ended up scuffing up the area around the chassi where the cable attaches . fixed the problem. this has happen on two of his vettes.

try this and see if it helps . basically since the ground was bad it was causing it to not recharge right and also casuing it not to have a good ground when you went to start it up . it has been a know problem for many of my friends vettes since the battery is behind the wheel well of the front end on the driver side . when it rain some water might get on the chassi causeing a rust build up or a bad connection for the ground .

Last edited by aacjohnc; 05-21-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:27 PM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by aacjohnc
i had the same problem with my dads vette the battery would die after sitting for a day or so but the battery was tested good and so was the alternater . ended up being a bad ground cable that goes from the chassi to the battery. ended up scuffing up the area around the chassi where the cable attaches . fixed the problem. this has happen on two of his vettes.

try this and see if it helps . basically since the ground was bad it was causing it to not recharge right and also casuing it not to have a good ground when you went to start it up . it has been a know problem for many of my friends vettes since the battery is behind the wheel well of the front end on the driver side . when it rain some water might get on the chassi causeing a rust build up or a bad connection for the ground .
C5's have the battery on the passenger side behind the wheel well/coolant overflow. Good theory though.
Old 05-21-2008, 12:52 PM
sprack
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

early model c5's are notorious for the door control modules going bad.

im crossing my fingers that one of mine dont give out

Last edited by sprack; 05-21-2008 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo
Old 05-21-2008, 01:19 PM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Both of my BCMs died.
Old 05-21-2008, 03:41 PM
1aznTT
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

Originally Posted by RandomTask
C5's have the battery on the passenger side behind the wheel well/coolant overflow. Good theory though.
lol, That's true, that's what I was thinking - BUT - it was a primary guess of mine in the beginning, i just have a TIME problem. When i do get time, i'll be doing all of these one by one

Thanks again!!!
Old 05-21-2008, 05:02 PM
aacjohnc
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by RandomTask

i orignally had posted it on the passenger side but went back and edited it to the driver side . oppsss
Old 05-22-2008, 09:41 AM
sprack
Registered Member

sprack is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by vmspionage
Both of my BCMs died.
do you still drive a 209 CLK mercedes?

i believe i used to work on yours occasionally over at tysinger...green team client?
Old 05-22-2008, 08:05 PM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

Originally Posted by sprack
do you still drive a 209 CLK mercedes?

i believe i used to work on yours occasionally over at tysinger...green team client?
Yup that's me. You guys are great, I take my CLK to Tysinger for everything and never have any problems (except that damned 3rd brake light). Do you still work over there?
Old 05-23-2008, 07:56 AM
1aznTT
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

update ; just got a voltmeter testing fuses and reattaching ground today will update soon - its not my power seats or courtesy lights; hopefully this thread will help others in the near future lol

Quick Reply: 2000 Corvette Battery Draining - New thread