Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

EVO RWD conversion

Old 06-24-2008, 05:17 AM
jgrubb426
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jgrubb426 has disabled reputation
Default Re: EVO RWD conversion

Hmm, once again, perfectly curious and genuine post ruined by some douche bags that have computers. Thanks Fabrik8 and The Mark W. what do you mean we...Your at a shop?
Old 06-24-2008, 05:19 AM
jpick_aap_cpp
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

i know also modern automotive performance has also done some crazy conversions between rx7s and RWD 4g63 they also have a kit available
Old 06-24-2008, 07:05 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by The Mark W
its simple to do.

matter of fact we have 2 of them.

one retained the transverse motor one is longitudal
Which tranny are you using for the longitudinal setup, and how is that working with the firewall clearance?

I've always wanted to stuff a ZF transaxle in the trunk of something, Corvette style, but not in anything remotely close to an EVO or other sedan.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:10 AM
sidewaysil80
Friendly Jackboot

sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80 sidewaysil80

yeah no shit...mark w and the rest of the little joes auto people are the only people that i've actually seen do it. the actual true rwd one is a fucking beast. air jacks ftmfw. talk to them.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:47 PM
King Dingaling
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Which tranny are you using for the longitudinal setup, and how is that working with the firewall clearance?

I've always wanted to stuff a ZF transaxle in the trunk of something, Corvette style, but not in anything remotely close to an EVO or other sedan.
the longitudal one. is running the evo motor, with a modified buschar 1g 4g63 adapter plate mated to a magnesium gm bellhousing and a jerico 4speed transmission.

clearance on the fire wall side was minimul yes we had to cut and modify some of it. mainly in the center where we made the tunnel.

we utilized the factory cross member which was heavily modified the rack itsself sits about 3inches lower and is pushed back about 1/2" and solid mounted. we made custom tie rods with heim joint ends. and also modified the knuckle for alot more angle. (heim joints allowed us to make the rack/tie rods sit flat again)

if ya want i can give a run down on every inch of the car. also if you want pics i have alot.

matter of fact i think its time for a build thread.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
連続注入
Dont guess, diagnose

連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入 連続注入

Rys Millen Racing (Yes, Rys Millen the famed WRC driver turned drifter) put out a RWD kit for the EVO.

Last I checked it was simpily a plug kit for the front CV joints.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:07 PM
90singleslam
Registered Member

90singleslam has disabled reputation

https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243352

kinda funny this popped up.
Old 06-24-2008, 03:37 PM
King Dingaling
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by The Mark W
the longitudal one. is running the evo motor, with a modified buschar 1g 4g63 adapter plate mated to a magnesium gm bellhousing and a jerico 4speed transmission.

clearance on the fire wall side was minimul yes we had to cut and modify some of it. mainly in the center where we made the tunnel.

we utilized the factory cross member which was heavily modified the rack itsself sits about 3inches lower and is pushed back about 1/2" and solid mounted. we made custom tie rods with heim joint ends. and also modified the knuckle for alot more angle. (heim joints allowed us to make the rack/tie rods sit flat again)

if ya want i can give a run down on every inch of the car. also if you want pics i have alot.

matter of fact i think its time for a build thread.

Originally Posted by 90singleslam
kinda funny you didnt read.
Old 06-24-2008, 04:02 PM
jgrubb426
Registered Member

jgrubb426 has disabled reputation

sweet, finally getting informative. Learning somethings (mostly that I should prolly stick with RWD unless I got bank)...Thanks a lot
Old 06-24-2008, 04:12 PM
King Dingaling
Big Dick Playa

Originally Posted by jgrubb426
sweet, finally getting informative. Learning somethings (mostly that I should prolly stick with RWD unless I got bank)...Thanks a lot
yea i mean to convert an evo to rwd. it will cost you. however the subbies are much easier.

Quick Reply: EVO RWD conversion