Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

traffic ticket question

Old 07-08-2008, 06:10 PM
MAD_DOHC
He's like the wind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC
Default Re: traffic ticket question

So either you drool on yourself constantly or you're not from around here cause only a fucking retard or transplant would speed through that section.
Old 07-08-2008, 06:11 PM
Joker.
HNIC

Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker. Joker.

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
So either you drool on yourself constantly or you're not from around here cause only a fucking retard or transplant would speed through that section.
He is from chesapeake.. So he might not be familiar with that area but still why the fuck would you speed through an unfamiliar area. I always go slower usually.
Old 07-08-2008, 07:05 PM
GuNnErgOd
FTW

GuNnErgOd is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought the DIP classes were worth five positive points?
Old 07-09-2008, 03:17 AM
S13wannabe
Registered Member

S13wannabe is an unknown quantity at this point

well, I do live in chesapeake, and no, I don't normally drive down that way and had no idea they like to set speed traps there. After I saw the speed limit was only 35, I realized that every other car around me was speeding like crazy as well.

Either way, I'm not a child, and I've never had major issues with my license until now, which I'm sure in either route I'll either get the points dismissed or be allowed to take a driving school. I just wanted to hear from someone that has been in a similar situation.

I'm not sure on the officer's name, I'll take a look at the ticket, but he got me with LIDAR, which must be pretty accurate and defined because he picked me out of a crowd of about 8 cars going near equal speed. I can't fault him for doing his job though, I'm not complaining about that, I just need to make sure my license doesn't get revoked.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:18 AM
MAD_DOHC
He's like the wind

MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC MAD_DOHC

Originally Posted by S13wannabe
Either way, I'm not a child, and I've never had major issues with my license until now
Really?

Originally Posted by S13wannabe
I'm a few points shy of losing my license and just got a damn ticket.

Seems this isn't a first for you. Just slow the hell down and enjoy life.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:47 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by MAD_DOHC
Just slow the hell down and enjoy life.
...and every once in a while, pull off the side of the road to take a piss.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:52 AM
Priestiality
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

Originally Posted by morningstarinc
take driver improvement on saturday worth 2 points
You may be awarded five safe driving points, once every 24 months, after you successfully complete a driver improvement clinic. The highest safe driving point balance you may accumulate on your driving record is five points. If a court requires you to complete a clinic, the court determines if you will be awarded safe driving points.

///edit: does anyone know a good strategy for pre-requesting a continuance in writing? Can't tell them i'll be on vacation for my ticket but i figure mentioning i've taken the clinic but had prior engagements but still want to plead my case or something... doesn't sound like it'll fly
Old 07-09-2008, 07:14 AM
S13wannabe
Registered Member

Originally Posted by idkfa
You may be awarded five safe driving points, once every 24 months, after you successfully complete a driver improvement clinic. The highest safe driving point balance you may accumulate on your driving record is five points. If a court requires you to complete a clinic, the court determines if you will be awarded safe driving points.

///edit: does anyone know a good strategy for pre-requesting a continuance in writing? Can't tell them i'll be on vacation for my ticket but i figure mentioning i've taken the clinic but had prior engagements but still want to plead my case or something... doesn't sound like it'll fly
That's what I thought, could've sworn I heard 5 points before.

I do need to slow down though, I won't even deny it... I literally spend about 4x as much time on the road as the average person.

This is a first at being this close to losing my license though, sure I've had tickets throughout my life, but usually so much time goes by that the points go away and I've never worried about it.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:21 PM
1aznTT
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

You mentioned he caught you on radar, and said it must be pretty fucking accurate when he picked you out of 8 cars all doing nearly the same speed.
Wouldn't that uh...make it pretty accurate.
hm. I didn't quote, Maybe I read that shit wrong lol.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:09 AM
S13wannabe
Registered Member

Well, I won't quote either.
Maybe I got my point across wrong.
I was picked out of roughly 8 cars doing approximately the same speed.
3 cars in various lanes, expanding 3 lanes wide.
From roughly 1/4 mile away and further, an actual radar beam would be so expanded that it would be near impossible to differentiate any one object traveling at the same logical speed as another with a seperatation 5 feet (?) give or take.

Now, given I was picked up with LIDAR laser, one of two things occurred
1) that shit was able to hit "only" my car and give a defined speed return.
or 2) and the most likely, my car stood out more visually, and he decided to pull me over out of the eight.

My broad statement was made to achieve a statement from someone that actually may know about the equipment and discuss it. You obviously don't, therefore no further conversation will be wasted toward you. Carry on smartly now.

Quick Reply: traffic ticket question