Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

which intercooler??

Old 08-31-2003, 08:17 AM
94SupraTT
'06 FF Champ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94SupraTT has disabled reputation

Don't get the Blitz you have to cut into your fender. Don't get the Apex because it is small as crap and won't support high HP...you get what you pay for. Get the Greddy 3row or HKS. Oh yeah, the instructions SUCK on the Greddy. I think Helen Keller could have done a better job writing them.
Old 08-31-2003, 08:53 AM
2JZ JC
show no mercy

2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC 2JZ JC

Originally posted by 94SupraTT
Don't get the Blitz you have to cut into your fender. Don't get the Apex because it is small as crap and won't support high HP...you get what you pay for. Get the Greddy 3row or HKS. Oh yeah, the instructions SUCK on the Greddy. I think Helen Keller could have done a better job writing them.
which one are you running? i was thinking about the greddy as well, seems like an easier install, but thought it was overpriced just because it was "greddy".
Old 08-31-2003, 01:13 PM
94SupraTT
'06 FF Champ

Originally posted by 2JZ JC
which one are you running? i was thinking about the greddy as well, seems like an easier install, but thought it was overpriced just because it was "greddy".
I'm running the Greddy 3row. The Greddy is actually priced quite well. The Apex is MUCH smaller and as I said the Blitz is a PITA to install and you have to cut your fender to install it.
Old 08-31-2003, 04:52 PM
Volkswagen
aus deutschland

Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen Volkswagen

CUT YOUR FENDER ....lol jk...greddy has some goooood intercoolers...
Old 09-01-2003, 04:42 AM
thermal
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Fuk all the commercial shit. I use this custom intercooler which cost me only $250 shipped: 31x6x2.75

No pressure drop even with a 2.5" inlet and outlet which was an increase of pipe sizing for me. I used to have the GReddy Type31 and came with a piping size of less than 2.25" diameter.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:16 PM
2JZ JC
show no mercy

i think im gonna go with the greddy now, thanks for all the info fellas. have to wait another week to order.....im soooo fuckin impatient hahaha
Old 09-02-2003, 01:07 PM
94SupraTT
'06 FF Champ

i think im gonna go with the greddy now, thanks for all the info fellas. have to wait another week to order.....im soooo fuckin impatient hahaha
Which exhaust are you getting? Still runing the stock one? Most people get an exhaust before the FMIC.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:55 PM
2JZ JC
show no mercy

Originally posted by 94SupraTT
Which exhaust are you getting? Still runing the stock one? Most people get an exhaust before the FMIC.
http://www.suprastore.com/atrsupexmean.html
or
http://www.suprastore.com/tansupmed.html
thats the exhausts im leaning towards.......i need and want to replace my intercooler piping so i decided to just go and replace the whole intercooler instead of replacing with stock pieces. on the horizon im getting my boost controller (greddy profec b) as well as some other goodies. already running a 3''down pipe.

Last edited by 2JZ JC; 09-02-2003 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-02-2003, 09:20 PM
94SupraTT
'06 FF Champ

http://www.suprastore.com/atrsupexmean.html
or
http://www.suprastore.com/tansupmed.html
thats the exhausts im leaning towards.......i need and want to replace my intercooler piping so i decided to just go and replace the whole intercooler instead of replacing with stock pieces. on the horizon im getting my boost controller (greddy profec b) as well as some other goodies. already running a 3''down pipe.
Whats wrong with the piping? Either of those exhausts would do you just fine. I'm not fond of either however its just a matter of choice so no biggie. The Profec B is a good unit. I personally use a MBC....$15... wooooooo hoooooo
Old 09-02-2003, 10:01 PM
2JZ JC
show no mercy

well i had that one tear that i made a thread about awhile back, and we fixed that. but then i developed another one that couldnt find, took it to the dealer, now it runs a bit better, but NOWHERE near the power it should, and when it would normally take off around 3500 or so, now doesnt happen until close to 5500. sounds like theirs a small leak and i hear it more on the drivers side. the dealer replaced a few small things, but it feels really weak now. they messed with my wastegate a bit, that may have something to do with it too, but to be honest im not sure. i havent owned a supra long enough to know it inside and out, ive been hittin the different supra forums hard.

Quick Reply: which intercooler??