Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

VW heads Which blow off valve for 03 GTI?

Old 09-01-2003, 12:27 PM
reXer
I'm not into cars

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
reXer has disabled reputation

Originally posted by Heat
stop calling it a diverter valve. just because a blow off valve is recirculated does not mean it's something different
just get the hks ss and recirc it.
Yeah, it's a bypass valve... get it right

haha
Old 09-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally posted by chirp the 1-2
I'd rather hear it!!! When do all those Vdubs meet at lynhaven??
with an intake and diverter valve you can hear it loud and clear.

stop calling it a diverter valve. just because a blow off valve is recirculated does not mean it's something different
just get the hks ss and recirc it.
Thats what VW calls it and what all the VW aftermarket companies call it. I wouldn't buy the HKS since its $300 and isn't any better than the DVs. Buy a forge dv and CAI and you'll spend about $300 and get better performance plus the sound you want all for the same ammount of green.
Old 09-01-2003, 02:22 PM
callsdubs
common person

callsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to behold

my wife has a HKS SSQ on the 1.8 and I haven't noticed any problems, it's been on over 8 months.

the only thing is that it's loud as hell, so if you want to not be noticed just get an improved DV....
Old 09-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Heat
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

omg, how can you get better performance when it's the SAME GOD DAMN THING?
I don't know where you're buying an hks ss for $300, they're $200 and a fucking type S is as low as $170.
Old 09-01-2003, 05:56 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

omg, how can you get better performance when it's the SAME GOD DAMN THING?
I don't know where you're buying an hks ss for $300, they're $200 and a fucking type S is as low as $170.
omg your self. Try to find the HKS kit for the 1.8t for much under $300. You can't just buy a HKS ss and slap it on. Its not that easy. Ask the wrx owners with top mount intercoolers. ITs not the same thing. Since the air is already metered by the MAF it makes the car run rich. There is no reason to buy the HKS PERIOD. Its not cheaper, its not better! look here to see pricing difference. This is not out of the norm pricing for what we're talking about. And I dont' think there is a greddy type s kit for the 1.8t. You can custom make anything work so a kit is not a must. They are just easier to work with. If you want the cheap route, make your own CAI with the stock box and buy the Audi TT DV. You'll get the sound of an intake and get your "blow-off" sound. Total investment: $40 MAX.
Old 09-01-2003, 06:45 PM
callsdubs
common person

callsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to beholdcallsdubs is a splendid one to behold

the hks ssqv for VW's has a custom lower flange that attaches to it, that is the reason for the price incease....it always cost more to modify a VW.....
Old 09-01-2003, 06:58 PM
Heat
HAM

a) you don't need a kit. No car is flanged for an hks bov so I don't know why you'd even mention is doesn't "slap right on"
No shit
b) the hks can be recirculated, how many times do I have to say that?
I know plenty about wrxs and hks bovs....rexer runs that
Not to mention dsms and wrxs recirc after the maf...just like 1.8ts. Don't act like you're telling me anything I don't know already.
Old 09-01-2003, 07:06 PM
callsdubs
common person

great heat, thanks for all your info.....

I am not Mr. turbo system expert, I'm calling what I see and installed on my wifes ride.

i also never said the HKS couldn't be recirulated, I was just telling him what I had put on my wife's car.

thanks...
Old 09-01-2003, 07:07 PM
Heat
HAM

hey I wasn't talking to you
Old 09-01-2003, 07:08 PM
callsdubs
common person

okay....no harm, no foul!....

Quick Reply: VW heads Which blow off valve for 03 GTI?