Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

yet another biker down??? (independence blvd)

Old 08-04-2008, 07:54 PM
burnoutboy
TheMuhFuggin♂

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy burnoutboy
Default Re: yet another biker down??? (independence blvd)

Got creamed last year. Bitch in a PT Cruiser on her cell was trying to turn left from the right hand lane and smashed into me. Dont sell the bike just yet. Take a MSF, ride at your limits, and most importantly watch out for EVERYONE around you!!!!! They will NOT see you and you will get hit if you dont do the looking for them!
Old 08-04-2008, 08:05 PM
El Negro
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by blackout
yeah i guess i forgot to mention that part... it was actually a freak accident caused by complete negligence. the bike is 'supposed' to be for my wife, who is all of 5'2". she can barely get her toes on the ground while she's sitting on it, but she thinks she could still ride it comfortably. so we're sitting around shooting the shit, she hops on, and i tell her to try to back it up to see how tough it will be for her to move it around. before i know it the bike's on its fucking side.

she got the hell out of the way fortunately, but i just ordered a front brake lever, turn signal, and a new set of mirrors. (the other one mysteriously cracked about a day or two before). the fairing is scratched just a little bit, hardly noticeable, but there. if i would have had half a brain working at the time, i would have been prepared to catch the bike as it started to tip. or we both could have been paying more attention in the first place. regardless, it pissed me the fuck off (bike has 1 fucking mile on it, no bullshit), and just started this thought process of doubting if we (especially her) should have fucked around and bought a bike in the first place.

so yeah, i'm a little freaked out right now. i would really like to head somewhere to get some seat time on this thing, but i have to fix it first. can't ride with no front brake.

parts should be here in 3-6 days.
Well, as you said, negligence will do it. Be careful and you should be okay.

Once it's up and running, hit me up. We can find a nice school parking lot or something and start getting you comfortable.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:12 PM
brokenboost
FML.

brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost brokenboost

Haven'y heard of that accident but as far as ypu riding concerns the answers have been given.
i would really like to head somewhere to get some seat time on this thing
Originally Posted by FuQnW31rd
Have you taken an MSF course?
Originally Posted by burnoutboy
Dont sell the bike just yet. Take a MSF, ride at your limits, and most importantly watch out for EVERYONE around you!!!!! They will NOT see you and you will get hit if you dont do the looking for them!
I just taught a friend to ride in a parking lot today on an old 250. He said he would never ride and by the end of the session he was wanting to buy that POS.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:33 PM
SeanJohn
Registered Member

SeanJohn has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Ordie
oh no doubt..

what do you have in mind?
Mandatory MSF course.

This what Q suggested on my site
"Of course I would like to have more reminders for drivers to be wary of bikers like they have here in Texas
You can not drive 100 yards without a reminder to look twice for bikers"

stuff of that nature.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
gilligan
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

im in toronto at the moment.the city has 3 million plus people and alot of bikes.i ussually hear of a half dozen accidents a week,i wonder how many i dont hear of...?

i ride everyday about an hour to and from work and the local cagers,taxi cabs ,and bus drivers scare the shit out of me on a regular basis..i purposly make a bunch of noise every chance i get. i would much rather interupt someones phone conversation or annoy them for a few seconds than have them run me down and cripple or kill me..!
Old 08-04-2008, 09:07 PM
Jesus
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Just take the Course
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 PM
brokemyR1
miss my 2 wheels

brokemyR1 is an unknown quantity at this point

i'd love to see some signs go up around the area. shit, once every couple miles would do good. hmm, now im wondering if i have ever seen one in the area?
Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 AM
blackout
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by FuQnW31rd
just a quick question for opener, Have you taken an MSF course?
just wondering
i'm active duty navy, so i signed up before i even bought the bike... but i couldn't get in until the 18th-19th of this month.

same for the sportbike course, but i can't get in that until sept. 11th.

the wife will take the one out in town (on the bike they provide) before she gets back on, without a doubt.

i realize that the course will teach us how to ride better and be more aware, but it still can't teach other cars not to drive like idiots.

thing is, i've got two kids to think of, and that's exactly what i'm doing. i can't help but question if i should even fuck with this thing just for the simple fact that it undoubtedly raises my chances of dying of something other than old age, and i'm having issues figuring out if that's fair to my kids.

i thought i had it all figured out until everywhere i looked it's being brought up. i think i've got it under control though... i'm aware of the phenomenon of when you buy a new car you happen to notice that there are more of them on the road than you saw before. just happens to be that now's a hot time for people to get killed on bikes, even though the statistics are actually better compared to recent years.

besides, i'd probably lose a few hundred bucks easy if i tried to sell it because the bike's been down.
Old 08-05-2008, 06:53 AM
NoRider
Registered Member

NoRider has disabled reputation

i'm active duty navy, so i signed up before i even bought the bike... but i couldn't get in until the 18th-19th of this month.

same for the sportbike course, but i can't get in that until sept. 11th.

the wife will take the one out in town (on the bike they provide) before she gets back on, without a doubt.

i realize that the course will teach us how to ride better and be more aware, but it still can't teach other cars not to drive like idiots.

thing is, i've got two kids to think of, and that's exactly what i'm doing. i can't help but question if i should even fuck with this thing just for the simple fact that it undoubtedly raises my chances of dying of something other than old age, and i'm having issues figuring out if that's fair to my kids.

i thought i had it all figured out until everywhere i looked it's being brought up. i think i've got it under control though... i'm aware of the phenomenon of when you buy a new car you happen to notice that there are more of them on the road than you saw before. just happens to be that now's a hot time for people to get killed on bikes, even though the statistics are actually better compared to recent years.

besides, i'd probably lose a few hundred bucks easy if i tried to sell it because the bike's been down.
replacement fairings are several hundred dollars. I don't know the extent of the damage, but if its 3 fairings (front rear side) you're looking at over 100 a pop for new fairings.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:16 AM
Real Random
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

reason i ask about the msf is not because the class is outstanding but there is something said in the class that has always rang true. Both times i have taken the course they had mentioned it, not going to say it because i am sure someone will mention it

Quick Reply: yet another biker down??? (independence blvd)