Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

question about the shipyard.

Old 03-19-2009, 05:48 PM
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn UrGrlGveMeDkBrn
Default Re: question about the shipyard.

Originally Posted by S2K_Guy
If you are in the program it's fucking bank.

My friend is making close to $50, he's 18 with absolutely no experience, but he's there at 5am and leaves at 6pm I think...
You wait until I email obama about this
Old 03-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Djtuner
Registered Member

Djtuner has disabled reputation

(fact)
Two of my dads friends work their. Last time i asked them they make about $22 an hour. They also have been doing it many years, i know it was over 15. Hope this helps
Old 03-19-2009, 06:05 PM
non-vtecpower
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

My dads been there 30+ years, He says there laying people off. BUT they are also hiring too... A friend at my job starts the begining of April, He just put his 2 week notice in. It may have helped him that he was asian though. I worked there from 2001 to 2003 as X18 welder and they started me in weld school at $10.95hr and after weld school I went to $15. When I left in 03 I was at $17.75, With a 75 cent 3rd shift differential pay... 11pm to 7am got old after almost 3 years of it.. Good pay,Great benifits, just be careful, lots of dumbass's work there, Its very easy to get hurt.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
non-vtecpower
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

If you are in the program it's fucking bank.

My friend is making close to $50, he's 18 with absolutely no experience, but he's there at 5am and leaves at 6pm I think...

I think you think wrong..

The "program"???
Its called the apprentice school..And there is no way in fucking hell anyone would be started at $50 dollars an hour there. Thats just stupid to even say.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:42 PM
S2K_Guy
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Originally Posted by jebsurf
$50 an hr?
$50k/year working day and night.... my bad. I didn't mean to say $50/hr.

Last edited by S2K_Guy; 03-19-2009 at 06:46 PM.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:46 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

damn im a NG designer with 3-1/2 yrs experince and i only make $17.75 an hour with a two year degree, wtf.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:50 PM
word itz chris
Hereeeeesss Beezyy!

word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris word itz chris

$50k/year working day and night.... my bad. I didn't mean to say $50/hr.
What the fuck does he do to make that kind of money at 18?
Old 03-19-2009, 06:52 PM
S2K_Guy
AKA: SHY_GUY

S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy S2K_Guy

Originally Posted by word itz chris
What the fuck does he do to make that kind of money at 18?
He's in the apprenticeship program, we did the math and with all the mandatory overtime he's doing, he's going to make over $50... and is 18.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:23 PM
RtryPwr
Awesome

RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr RtryPwr

The apprentice program is really the way to go. I went in with he idea that I would be an electrician, but instead they offered me a position as a Dimensional Control Technician.

I love my job, it's never boring and there's a lot of great people in my department. Plus that fact that I got to start off salary in stead of hourly was great. You get mandatory raises untill you graduate(hourly or salary). I don't make a lot of money, but for being 20 years old with no college education except my year in the A school, a 35,000 yearly salary that increase by a good amount(4-7k) every year until I graduate plus over-time is a definite plus.

The average graduate of the school makes a little over $50,000/ year(before taxes and overtime). It wont make you rich, but it sure wont leave you poor. You can also choose to go advance with good grades and get an associates degree in buisness, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and some other I cant remember. You can then continue your education through night school and as long as you make above a C, Northrop Grumman will reimburse you for your books and tuition(as long as you can do a 40 hr week and night school/ online classes).

A little long, but it's something to think about, OP.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by RtryPwr
The apprentice program is really the way to go. I went in with he idea that I would be an electrician, but instead they offered me a position as a Dimensional Control Technician.

I love my job, it's never boring and there's a lot of great people in my department. Plus that fact that I got to start off salary in stead of hourly was great. You get mandatory raises untill you graduate(hourly or salary). I don't make a lot of money, but for being 20 years old with no college education except my year in the A school, a 35,000 yearly salary that increase by a good amount(4-7k) every year until I graduate plus over-time is a definite plus.

The average graduate of the school makes a little over $50,000/ year(before taxes and overtime). It wont make you rich, but it sure wont leave you poor. You can also choose to go advance with good grades and get an associates degree in buisness, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and some other I cant remember. You can then continue your education through night school and as long as you make above a C, Northrop Grumman will reimburse you for your books and tuition(as long as you can do a 40 hr week and night school/ online classes).

A little long, but it's something to think about, OP.
Ah, I'm jealous.
Thats what I wanted to do.
I'm awaiting the yard to call me at the end of this month.

Quick Reply: question about the shipyard.