Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)

Old 08-13-2009, 09:10 AM
Laserjock
Stiff Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock
Default Re: Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)

What injector are you using?

Do you still have the old plugs? What color are the electrodes. Post pics

Can you get a timing light and check timing?

Bypass FMU and run stock FPR. Remove cold side IC pipe and run the engine with no boost and report back

Best solution after youget this figure out is to get that P28 chipped and get tune
Old 08-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by musicmaniac
bad map sensor maybe?
Possibly... I checked it out the other day and it only has one screw holding it on... wtf?

Originally Posted by Laserjock
What injector are you using?

Do you still have the old plugs? What color are the electrodes. Post pics

Can you get a timing light and check timing?

Bypass FMU and run stock FPR. Remove cold side IC pipe and run the engine with no boost and report back

Best solution after youget this figure out is to get that P28 chipped and get tune
OEM injectors

I may still have old plugs... I can't remember if I trashed em or not...

I may be able to get a light if needed...

Good idea on the FMU... By "cold side" you mean AFTER the intercooler on the intake manifold side, yes?

I understand about the p28... Its on my to-do list...
Old 08-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Laserjock
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

Make this easy leak tester:
http://vfaq.com/mods/ICtester.html

Swap out the injectors with another set. They're easy to find if they are stockers.Thye generally don't fail but if 1 did and it is full open, you'll go rich. Smell your exhaust if it smells like gas. You're plug/s will tell you what cylinder/injector it is.

Yes, you can leave your throttle body open, It wont hurt.

Do what you can and eliminate the most possible cause.

Good luck

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Possibly... I checked it out the other day and it only has one screw holding it on... wtf?

OEM injectors

I may still have old plugs... I can't remember if I trashed em or not...

I may be able to get a light if needed...

Good idea on the FMU... By "cold side" you mean AFTER the intercooler on the intake manifold side, yes?

I understand about the p28... Its on my to-do list...
Old 08-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Thank you for the input! I'll check some of that out tomorrow...
Old 08-13-2009, 05:01 PM
NismoPowerdQG
Registered Member

NismoPowerdQG has disabled reputation

map sensor?, disconnect map sensor and it will try to cut off and plug it back in if it runs ok for a second when you plug it back in your prolly need a new map sensor. also make sure all your IC pipes are connected and you didnt blow one off when you floored it

Last edited by NismoPowerdQG; 08-13-2009 at 05:03 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 07:32 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

I checked a few on the IC pipes yesterday when I was checkin the FMIC for blockage... The dude who previously owned the FMIC before it was on the car said he had probs with it and that it may be clogged... I checked and there were no big wads of paper or rocks or anything out of the ordinary...

I'm gonna check the MAP sensor tomorrow... Rumor has it Hondas spit MAP sensors out like crazy when you put boost to em... If it is the MAP I guess I'll have to buy a spare to keep on tap...
Old 08-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Mindless
Registered Member

Mindless is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
I checked a few on the IC pipes yesterday when I was checkin the FMIC for blockage... The dude who previously owned the FMIC before it was on the car said he had probs with it and that it may be clogged... I checked and there were no big wads of paper or rocks or anything out of the ordinary...

I'm gonna check the MAP sensor tomorrow... Rumor has it Hondas spit MAP sensors out like crazy when you put boost to em... If it is the MAP I guess I'll have to buy a spare to keep on tap...
Lol, never heard of a FMIC being clogged, ever. Also never heard of the spitting map sensors.

IMO you're wasting your time. Do a compression and leakdown test. Even if there is nothing wrong internally you still should rule that out first IMO.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:25 AM
NismoPowerdQG
Registered Member

NismoPowerdQG has disabled reputation

its always a good thing to do, if there is nothing wrong it gives you peace of mind atleast ^^^
Old 08-14-2009, 01:46 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Word... I'll look into renting a compression tester and a leak down tester tomorrow... I should have someone comin over later to run a scan on the codes...
Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Compression tests come back positive... Nothin to jump up and down about... All cylinders reading in between 160 and 170... Norm is 186... I spark tested it and all 4 cylinders are gettin fire... Plugs were a little black... Cleaned and regapped plugs... So the motor is good to go... Only thing left to check is the codes...

Quick Reply: Rough running... Need help... (vtak inside)