Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

Just how easy is it to steal a bike?!?!

Old 10-07-2009, 09:09 AM
Audio
#Trendy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio
Default Re: Just how easy is it to steal a bike?!?!

Im loving my new cbr. only took me 26 seconds to get it! gonna go ride some.
Old 10-07-2009, 09:10 AM
djgrom
LaShawn

djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom djgrom

one more reason to own a 5hundy
Old 10-07-2009, 11:17 AM
Chezkers

Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers Chezkers

I feel bad for people who live in apartment complexs, in one night 3-5 bikes can be gone easily
Old 10-07-2009, 11:43 AM
BentValve
Sorry. Not really.

BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve BentValve

Originally Posted by Chezkers
I feel bad for people who live in apartment complexs, in one night 3-5 bikes can be gone easily
I don't. If you don't already know that in this day in age, you need a garage if you want to own something nice, then you deserve the wake up call.

When I had a bike and lived in an apartment complex, I made sure it was the bottom floor and fairly accessible because my bike was in the living room when I wasn't riding it. That was my sacrifice for piece of mind.

As for that video, there's not much you can do. That's the one time you want a nosy person around. I suppose a proximity/level sensor may have helped but 26 seconds is pretty fast depending on how far you are from the bike.

Fuck thieves.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:57 PM
BatEclipse99
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by brandini
So when people go to get into their car do you ask them if it's theirs?
They were quick but, the way they were shoving that motorcycle into that vehicle I def. would have taken a tag# and called the Police.
Old 10-07-2009, 04:59 PM
j4k3
holla

j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3 j4k3

That's why I have a device on my bike set to explode if its too far from me. If I can have it nobody can.
Old 10-07-2009, 10:22 PM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by BatEclipse99
They were quick but, the way they were shoving that motorcycle into that vehicle I def. would have taken a tag# and called the Police.
2 things to say to this.

1. People are stupid... in both cases where my bike was hit while it was parked. People stuck around to tell me about it... but nobody took down a plate number.

2. In the video.. you can see that they sat there for 2 min waiting for the street to be clear before shoving the bike in the van. So there was really nobody to get a plate.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:43 PM
all4sr's
FACK YER ESS PEE OHH

all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's all4sr's

yeah, once a bike is gone, its pretty much gone for good

i've only known ONE person who had one of his bikes stolen and actually got it back 2 days later while he was riding his other bike, the bike stolen had ALOT of money into it. The dumbass that stole it thought it'd be a good idea to ride it around the city. My buddy was riding with like 20 others and the chased dude down to a 7/11 and beat the shit out of him and had him arrested(they filed a police report the day before, so evidence was there)
Old 10-08-2009, 05:15 AM
WanganRunner
Inglip 2012

WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner WanganRunner

This is why you should never own/drive/ride anything remotely nice unless you live somewhere with a private (i.e. not shared) locking garage.
Old 10-08-2009, 11:22 AM
BatEclipse99
Registered Member

BatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these partsBatEclipse99 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by FairladyZTT
2 things to say to this.

1. People are stupid... in both cases where my bike was hit while it was parked. People stuck around to tell me about it... but nobody took down a plate number.

2. In the video.. you can see that they sat there for 2 min waiting for the street to be clear before shoving the bike in the van. So there was really nobody to get a plate.
True about both comments, and as far as nobody to get the plate I only meant If I saw it happen. But, in that video, you sir are correct nobody is there to get one

Quick Reply: Just how easy is it to steal a bike?!?!