Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Unemployed

Old 11-13-2003, 11:35 AM
SEVENSEVENTYZ
boys are stupid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SEVENSEVENTYZ has disabled reputation

I told one of the part time managers at UPS to make a new position for me - motivational speaker.... I could just walk around and tell people how great a job they are doing. That may increase productivity!! He just laughed and said no. I dont think I am going to be there much longer. I dont like getting my ass beat by 40lb boxes.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:10 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally posted by mz_teaser
I think my place is still hiring. Not sure what the base pay is, but if youre working in the bay/ freezer your checks come close to a G after taxes and if your a drive you make over a G a paycheck after taxes. drivers get a base pay of $150/ day + commission
Umm...say what? Where is this? I'll be looking for one of those "job" things soon as well.
Old 11-13-2003, 12:34 PM
vasponger
Captain night owl

vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger vasponger

Originally posted by SEVENSEVENTYZ
I told one of the part time managers at UPS to make a new position for me - motivational speaker.... I could just walk around and tell people how great a job they are doing. That may increase productivity!! He just laughed and said no. I dont think I am going to be there much longer. I dont like getting my ass beat by 40lb boxes.
awww i gotta move 150lb boxes all day and the occasional 400lb boiler
Old 11-13-2003, 12:47 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

I'm off until December, then back for 2 weeks, then off for the remainder of the year. New hires at my office get 25 paid vacation days, 12 holidays, and free beer and stuff on Fridays. If any of you have several years of C++ programming, contact me.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:54 PM
Nic
Patron

Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic Nic

I got an A+ in AP C++....

Have several job offers on the table, but, fortunately, I've got enough saved up that I can take my time and be very selective. Still looking for any good ideas that may come up. $10/hr is as low as I'm willing to go anywhere but Circuit City...I just love that place that much.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Computer_Nerd
superuser

Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd Computer_Nerd

Ever thought of an internship? We paid ours at $15/hr but are no longer filling temp positions. Check Capital One, Circuit City, etc. The employment center at school should be able to help with open entry level positions and internships. Also your appointed counselor or whatever they call them now, that helps with class schedules, can assist with positions in your field of study. They help best with lab positions for bio and pre-med students, though.
Old 11-13-2003, 10:29 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Nic
I got an A+ in AP C++....

Have several job offers on the table, but, fortunately, I've got enough saved up that I can take my time and be very selective. Still looking for any good ideas that may come up. $10/hr is as low as I'm willing to go anywhere but Circuit City...I just love that place that much.
are you joking? i have worked off and on for circuit city for almost 3 years now... when i started working there it was nice but honestly they'd have to pay me at lesat $10-11+ an hour to go back.. it was really getting prety shitty before i last left..
Old 11-13-2003, 11:39 PM
BadBeck
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

dave i believe hes bein very sarcastic-from what i heard he said circuit city sucked.
Old 11-14-2003, 03:47 AM
Josepi
200HP/L

Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi Josepi

Originally posted by SEVENSEVENTYZ
What is Josepi's real name???
I think I met him once in front of Cabell w/ Nic
Joe...most likely, my office is in there.
Old 11-14-2003, 08:25 AM
SEVENSEVENTYZ
boys are stupid

SEVENSEVENTYZ has disabled reputation

What do you do?

Quick Reply: Unemployed